Player Discussion Forward Chemistry - Past & Present/Future

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Cantley
I saw an old highlight of Turris and MacArthur on reddit today, and it gave me the idea for this thread.

Which two forwards do you remember having the most exciting chemistry for the Sens, and what forwards do you think will have chemistry for us going forward?

Past:
MacArthur - Turris
Spezza - Hemsky
Yashin - Hossa

Present/Future:
Chucky - Norris
Batherson - Jimmy
Pinto - Paul
Formenton - Greig

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I love the makeup of: Formenton-Pinto-Brown. Man that line is going to be a pain in 2 years as our 3rd line. I feel Sokolov and Greig will be able to play with anyone. I can see Sokolov and Stutzle being lethal. This isnt considering Beniers/Guenther/whoever we could draft.

Greig-Stutzle-Batherson
Tkachuk-Norris-Sokolov

Greig-Stutzle-Sokolov
Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
I saw an old highlight of Turris and MacArthur on reddit today, and it gave me the idea for this thread.

Which two forwards do you remember having the most exciting chemistry for the Sens, and what forwards do you think will have chemistry for us going forward?

Past:
MacArthur - Turris
Spezza - Hemsky
Yashin - Hossa

What? Spezza and Hemsky was a very short term thing. I could think of a half dozen players Spezza had chemistry with before I'd get to Hemsky. I can never remember Yashin playing with Hossa. Hossa was almost always with Bonk during Yashin's time in Ottawa. Yashin mostly played with Alfredsson, Dackell and MacEachern during those years.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Stone made everyone seem better.

Spezza with Heatley and Michalek
Turris MacArthur was fun.

One duo that i'm shocked never worked was Spezza and Ryan. I legit expected Ryan to break 40goals with Spezza since he's a better offensive talent then Getzlaf was.

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Cantley
20210424-235643.jpg

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Is it me or our old teams under Jacques had way more chemistry...almost to a fault.

He'd get the perfect combos going and keep them together year after year and it kept working.

That being said, when it got tough and things weren't working, he wouldn't change them.

But when it came to chemistry, you knew exactly who played with who. I can look at a 2003 lineup and tell you the exact lines 18 years later because they never changed.

Any line I think of from this year was only together for a handful of games.

It's still comes to mind because lines never changed.

Varada-bonk-hossa
Smolinski-white-alfredsson
Schaefer-fisher-havlat
Blah blah Neil.

Game in and game out.

The last decade with our carousel of coaches seem to put the lines in a blender every week never letting chemistry build throughout the season or seasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad