Fortnite (PvE) - Save the World

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I hope it's ok to create a specific PvE thread for Fortnite discussion since it's quite different to the Battle Royale part of the game.

There's a lot to figure out for anyone new to the Save the World game, and even for people who have been playing for a while. I'm not even fully up to speed on all the details and I've been playing for a few months now.

What hero is best - depends on your style of play - I prefer soldiers. I ran with Love Ranger Jonsey for the longest time because of his healing. I don't have a Master Grenadier to put in a support or tactical spot for the healing. But reading Reddit recently, there's a stigma against Love Rangers, so now I roll with UAH, with Wukong in the support (24% damage bonus) and Raven in the Tactical (every 10th shot creates an explosion....even though I don't ever see these "explosions").

What support and tactical heroes do you like to use?

What weapons do you like best? Re-Roll tips?

Survivor Squads

Tips for new players:
- mine is to not level up your weapons too fast. If you're Stonewood, a level 10/10 weapon is fine. Plankerton, go up to 20/20, and so on. Don't level your weapon higher than the zone you are in or you'll go crazy looking for the resources to build it.
- Don't worry about defenders for Stonewood and Plankerton zones. You'll never need them.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Can you even buy this game on ps4? I've been looking for it on the store and can't find it

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
It just doesn't hold my interest. I can deal with a 15-20 minute game of Battle Royale because there's always the potential of getting in a fight with another player. Farming for 15 minutes for 5 minutes of a final battle gets taxing.
Can you even buy this game on ps4? I've been looking for it on the store and can't find it
You buy it from the game I'm pretty sure.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
You either buy it in the Fortnite game itself or you can get it from the PS Store.

The game, in my opinion, is overly heavy with minutia and can be pretty overwhelming at first. I have a few friends who just play it for the free vBucks every few days and that's it, but once you get into to the game it becomes pretty fun, at least for me. It's not even in the same stratosphere in terms of popularity as Battle Royale though, so most of the game development from Epic goes to BR while STW gets left behind.

They are two very different games though. I like having both because when I get bored of one I switch to the other.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I was looking forward to buying it, but my time consumption goes into grinding XP in Battle Royale. Hopefully in Season 5

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad