NFL: Forte confirms he won't be back with Bears

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
I see.

Odds are he's not interested in Sf and Sf likely isn't looking in his direction, but it would make little sense to bring in a guy to take away a majority of the snaps from what Sf believes to be their future rb who is entering his 3rd year.

Forte would make sense because Hyde hasnt shown any ability to catch passes and SF is a team that will be behind a lot in games.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Hate seeing my favorite players cut because of cap space. Hope he goes somewhere and gets the ring the Bears were too inept to get him.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Oakland is THE fit imo.

Yep. Murray is not that good a pass catcher and has a drop problem, even though he's great at hitting holes. To have a tandem like that in the backfield would really help the Raiders offense become dominant, also allows them to not have to waste a pick on an inferior backup level player.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Forte has at least 1-2 years of good football left in him. He'll probably be seeking a 4-5 year deal though. Will be interesting to see.

Whoever takes him would be wise to platoon him to save his body for longer.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Forte has at least 1-2 years of good football left in him. He'll probably be seeking a 4-5 year deal though. Will be interesting to see.

Whoever takes him would be wise to platoon him to save his body for longer.

Honestly, I think he has longer. When he cant run or doesnt want that punishment anymore, he could go full-time receiver.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Yeah, he can't. As good as a pass catcher as Forte has been, it's always easier for a rb to make catches than a wr due to their location at the start of the play and the location of the lineman/linebackers.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Forte can't go full receiver, but i would be willing to bet his pass catching ability keeps him around long after his running starts to fall off.

Think Fred Jackson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad