NFL: Forte confirms he won't be back with Bears

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
He's been a really good back. Average over 4 yards a carry as a 30 year old. Running backs fall off cliffs but I'm sure he will get a shot next year somewhere.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I guess I shouldn't be but I'm still surprised. Seems a bit early to give up on a guy that still has a lot to contribute. Oh yeah, cap savings, except friggin' Eddie Royal is making 4.5 million on that team to catch 30 passes, and Bushrod who is the definition of average has a 8.7 million hit. So I kinda don't get it, you could've saved money other places.

But, I will say this, Jeremy Langford is stud material.

I could see Forte going to the Raiders, he'd be an ideal platoon with Latavius and give them some more pass-catching ability at RB and some great veteran leadership on a good young team.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
He can come to Sf and split/back up for Hyde.

I could see him going to the Pats or a team that's already really good.

member 51464

He can go hang in the Steelers back field for when the injuries inevitably set in again.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I imagine he'll get quite a few looks.

Even if his running ability falls off (no sign it will just yet), he's still a damn good option in the pass game.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Packers should go away from their usual no free agents stance and sign him. I hope they don't but he'd be a nice fit there.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
He's been a really good back. Average over 4 yards a carry as a 30 year old. Running backs fall off cliffs but I'm sure he will get a shot next year somewhere.

Lucky for him he's pretty good at catching the ball too, plus a guy like Gore still looks good (who has more miles on him)

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I included his receiving yards.

I see.

Odds are he's not interested in Sf and Sf likely isn't looking in his direction, but it would make little sense to bring in a guy to take away a majority of the snaps from what Sf believes to be their future rb who is entering his 3rd year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad