Forslund contract negotiations

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
He passed on TB...guessing he has a better national gig.

John Forslund won’t be Lightning’s TV broadcast voice, so who could they hire?

And while one of the biggest names, John Forslund, recently decided to pass, Tampa Bay is getting closer to making a decision.
“We hope to make a great hire soon,” Lightning executive VP Bill Wickett told The Athletic.

Forslund had expressed interest in the Lightning job over the summer after his unexpected and disappointing ending in Carolina, a franchise he had been with since they had moved from Hartford. He spoke glowingly about the Tampa Bay organization, whom he got to know better calling their games in the Stanley Cup playoffs. Forslund was intrigued, but the timing just wasn’t right to pursue the Tampa Bay gig further.
It’s not clear whether Forslund was the team’s first choice, or how far down the path they got, but both sides get to move on.

“I was strongly considered, and there was mutual interest,” Forslund said Tuesday in a phone conversation. “I have the utmost respect for the organization. They were really good to me. But I decided to move forward with other options. I’m free to pursue other things.”

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Good. NATIONAL OR OURS.
Seems to me the “ours” bridge is pretty much burned, no? Forslund didn’t pull any punches on his way out which I’m sure doesn’t sit well with Dundon. And Canes already replaced him and probably feel they are just fine without him.

I’ll never say never, but I think the odds of Forslund returning to Carolina are pretty slim.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Tampa probably wasn’t willing to pay him that well and have subs ready in a shortened compressed season when he’s going to be doing national games too.

Waiting is his best option, especially since he isn’t exactly unemployed.

Being the first voice of both the Hurricanes and Seattle might be really appealing to him.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
There's still also the fact that with new tv deals coming up he might want to see what comes of that. With a new team coming, possibly other national networks in the fold, and him being well thought of if he can afford it financially, waiting might be good indeed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad