Former White Sox announcer Ken ‘Hawk’ Harrelson wins Ford C. Frick Award

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
And let the heads begin to explode!!!! :biglaugh: Well done blue ribbon panel! You can put it on the boooooaaaaaarrrdd.....YESSSSSSSS! Mercy!

And I'm almost certain Sterling will get this award sometime down the road & like Hawk, it will be well deserved. Are these the best broadcasters in technical terms? Of course not. But each of them carved a unique niche in which they will always be remembered for & like it or not, at least for me & their fans, they provided levity & entertaining broadcasts.

Looking forward to Hawk's induction speech & I hope he gives a shout out to Cowboy Joe West & all the other umps who wronged the Sox over the years! :laugh: :yo:

Edit: And as the article says, this is who voted him in....a very esteemed panel, so its not like his homer fans voted him in....these are the absolute best in their fields:

The 15-member Frick Award voting electorate, comprised of the 11 living recipients and four broadcast historians/columnists, includes Frick honorees Marty Brennaman, Bob Costas, Jaime Jarrín, Tony Kubek, Tim McCarver, Denny Matthews, Jon Miller, Eric Nadel, Vin Scully, Bob Uecker and Dave Van Horne, and historians/columnists David J. Halberstam (historian), Barry Horn (Dallas Morning News), Ted Patterson (historian) and Curt Smith (historian).

Reactions: Roman Fell

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Congrats to the hawk. Always enjoyed him as a sox fan. There were times he was annoying but in general I like a guy who wears his feelings on his sleeves

Reactions: Elvis P

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Hawk was fun when the Sox were winning, but nearly insufferable during bad seasons.
My opinion as a Sox fan.
I wish he were here announcing this group, but his eyesight is awful now and you could really tell in his announcing. He did a podcast where he said he had 4 surgeries on each eye.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Hawk was fun when the Sox were winning, but nearly insufferable during bad seasons.
My opinion as a Sox fan.
I wish he were here announcing this group, but his eyesight is awful now and you could really tell in his announcing. He did a podcast where he said he had 4 surgeries on each eye.

Cant imagine how painful and difficult those surgeries must be with his head so far up his ass.

Reactions: OmniCube

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Cant imagine how painful and difficult those surgeries must be with his head so far up his ass.
maxresdefault.jpg

"Respect your elders!!"

Reactions: OmniCube

member 157595

And think of all of the great broadcasters that have passed and still haven’t been inducted but this ass clown chump gets in

Hey hey hey, only HFBoards users (and Michael Bolton) are allowed to be the recipients of that honored title.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad