Former Pred Rich Peverly stable after collapsing

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Coach Ruff - "First thing Rich (Peverley) asked me when I spoke to him - 'how much time is left in the period'. You know, typical athlete."

Hockey players are nuts.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Not at the game, but was watching on TV when it happened. Terrifying to watch. Had no idea what was going on; at first some folks even thought it was Ruff who was in trouble 'cause he'd gone back with Raptor Jesus and so couldn't be seen on the bench. Took quite a while for the refs to stop play as well, 'cause the puck was in the Columbus zone and so everyone was looking away from the Dallas bench...

Was a tremendous relief to hear he was conscious. Hopefully he continues to do better.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Good to hear that he was awake and talking. I read somewhere that he wanted to get back to the game. Dude is a freakin' beast, that's for sure.

Get well, Pevs.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
I was listening to the radio when Stu said about Rich collapsing so I put that game on TV. Scary scene, everyone was panicked, you could see it in their faces. Thank God for the medical personnel and equipment. It's a shame that some other leagues and in other sports around the world don't take this kind of preparedness as seriously as they should.

I flashed back to the Fischer scene, too. Pretty eerily similar scenes. Home team player collapses on bench in the first period with the visiting team winning 1-0.

Definitely sending out thoughts and prayers to Rich!! Get well!

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
What a stud.
Glad to hear he's doing well.

Same here.

He was fan favorite in Milwaukee. The Admirals signed him from an ECHL team. He outscored the Preds prospects for 2 years before they signed him to an NHL contract. He was never drafted out of college!

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
He's done in the NHL, imho ... (insurance related statement)
Agreed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rich_Peverley

Heart issues and collapse[edit]

In September 2013, before the start of the Stars 2013-14 training camp, Peverley underwent a surgical procedure to help with an irregular heartbeat. [7] He missed 3 weeks but was ready for the start of the regular season.
On March 10, 2014, Peverley collapsed on the team bench, during a game against the Columbus Blue Jackets.[8] Peverley, who missed time early this season with an irregular heartbeat, was taken down the tunnel just a few minutes into the game by the Stars staff.
The Stars gave more updates on Peverley's condition and it was indeed an issue with his heart. The NHL released the following statement later that night: "Dallas player Rich Peverley is doing well and is in stable condition. He was transported to the hospital. As a result of the emotional state of the players on both teams caused by the medical emergency, the game will be played at a later date." [9]
On March 12, 2014, the Dallas Stars announced that Rich Peverley would miss the remainder of the 2013-14 NHL season. [10]

I wonder if there were any heart issues while he was a Bruin.
Hmmmm.

225px-Rich_Peverley_Bruin.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad