Former Oilers coach Ted Green passes away

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I still remember him from his days with Bobby Orr on the Bruins blue-line. He was tough as nails in his day. May he rest in peace.

Laodongxi

Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Ted Green was a treat to watch coach the Edmonton Oilers. Such a likable person.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Met him so many times. Used to work out in the same gym as him for at least a decade. I switched gyms but last few years I was at the Old Gym Green was having obvious problems with health and could hardly move at times. Was really hard to see. His body was very tired and beat up but he still had the spirit to go to the gym.

RIP Ted Green. They'll know about you up in the show. Green was one of those guys everybody knew and talked to. Quite a character.

Reactions: RegDunlop

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Very sad to see. He was a big part of the Oilers back in the Heydey. I always remember the little twinkle in his eye when giving a quote. Mischievous but loveable. Rest easy Ted.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Funniest line EVER while coaching when Shaun Van Allen awoke from being concussed and didn't know who he was.

Green -
"Tell him he's Wayne Gretzky"!

RIP Terrible Ted. Loved ya

I remember that. Was hilarious. He was a good second banana on the Oilers bench in the glory years.

Sail on Teddy, sail on!

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Sad to see these likeable guys from the 80's Oilers starting to pass on.

RIP Teddy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad