News Article: Former North Stars to be part of Stadium Series Alumni Game

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Per 1500ESPN (via PuckDaddy) former North Stars will be taking a part of the Alumni game during the Stadium Series game.

Which is the dumbest thing ever, and bound to lead to change the name! Adopt the North Stars History! stories from every columinist that knows nothing about hockey. Certainly not going to help the segment of the fanbase that clings to the past.

As they can’t field a team full of Wild alumnis, they should have just played up the state of hockey thing and fielded an "alumni" team of just Minnesota NHLers.

Broten Bro’s, Christian Bro’s, Langenbrunner, Darby, Housley(if Preds are off), Ramsey. See what Jason Blake is up to. Could probably get the Carlson’s out there in full Hanson gear, which would be fun.

Edit: Dang, I fat fingered the title. If a Mod could set it right, I'd appreciate it.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Would love to see Tommy Younghans out there pissing off the Hawks just like the old days.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I wonder if Denis Savard will be smoking heaters behind the bench between shifts like he did back in the day.

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
I want to see

Willie Plett, Mike Gartner, Steve Larmer, Big Bobby Smith the center, Shane Churla, Craig Hartsburg, Goalie Stonwall Casey, Donnie Beaupre, Hatcher, etc.

bobbyp6565

4th Line Goon
Sep 8, 2013
Baltimore, MD
I have a preseason gameworn of Enrico's.

Training camp worn Ciccone for me, along with a Tinordi camp worn and regular season 90-91 Basil McRae & 93-94 Churla gameworns (plus another half-dozen later years Stars goon gamers). McRae has some customizations; Churla is destroyed with fight damage - back of neck torn down to and partially across the nameplate.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
As they can’t field a team full of Wild alumnis, they should have just played up the state of hockey thing and fielded an "alumni" team of just Minnesota NHLers.

I'm pumped for return of anything North Stars related, but they could have done "State of Hockey" vs. Chicago or something to that effect.

HOWEVER, North Stars bring the fans to the yard. Any North Stars anything is still a massive deal here. Whether it was "back on home ice", or autograph sessions during some games etc.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Per 1500ESPN (via PuckDaddy) former North Stars will be taking a part of the Alumni game during the Stadium Series game.

Which is the dumbest thing ever, and bound to lead to change the name! Adopt the North Stars History! stories from every columinist that knows nothing about hockey. Certainly not going to help the segment of the fanbase that clings to the past.

Broten Bro’s, Christian Bro’s, Langenbrunner, Darby, Housley(if Preds are off), Ramsey. See what Jason Blake is up to. Could probably get the Carlson’s out there in full Hanson gear, which would be fun.

Edit: Dang, I fat fingered the title. If a Mod could set it right, I'd appreciate it.
This sounds a little bit of a personal issue with your view on the subject than anything else.

To deny the history of the NHL in Minnesota would be stupid IMO. These former North Star players consider themselves to have played for Minnesota, and thus they feel attached to this region.

This isn't stealing a franchise's history, it's Minnesota acknowledging Minnesota history, and will not start a movement to change the team name.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad