Former NHLer Andre Deveaux canned after seemingly unprovoked attack during warmup

DesertHombre

Oct 10, 2013
It has been a good thing for the NHL that the days of Goon hockey has finally seen it's end. One dimensional players who were only employed to fight and intimidate is pretty much a thing of the past. Too many of these players had little to no hockey sense and skills and they added no value to the game. Don't get me wrong, I love a good hockey scrap with a Lucic and a Hartnell type of player getting it on in the heat of a battle, but I never appreciated the one dimensional Goon who had little skill in skating, scoring or keeping up to the play. The Goons usually played a few minutes per game, rarely played in a third period and mostly just took up space on the players bench.

HFBS

Noted Troublemaker
Jan 18, 2015
****ing scary clip.

never seen another KO quite like this one... can really see the power in macintyre's punches.

also, what the **** is deveaux thinking? why did he think the league wasn't going to act? the arrogance in that interview is beyond bush league... good luck finding work andre, because i'm not even sure the ****ing LNAH wants to touch this.

Seen many way worse than this. Colton Orr knocking Fedoruk out dead cold instantly with one punch is the classic one.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I remember Deveaux playing in the AHL for Chicago. He was a little scary, but I never imagined him whacking a guy from behind with his stick during a warm up!

That interview was even worse. He sounded like a crazy person to this layman.

Calling him an "NHL enforcer" is a bit of a stretch. He played about 30 NHL games. It wasn't like he spent 4 or 5 years playing for Toronto. He looked even less like an enforcer after seeing MacIntyre put him down in a fair fight with one good punch.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
"The emotions took over for me there for a few seconds," he explained. "Although my reputation seems to precede me, I am not a violent person. If anything, perhaps a passionate player. My intent was never to inflict any serious injury."

What an absolute load of crap...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad