Player Discussion Former Habs & Picks watch: Gone but not forgotten (No Current NHLers) II

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
With the PHL playoffs done, here is the update on Mike Cichy:

Broke into the top20 all time for points with 469 points. Top15 is at 494 points, so he might reach it next season.
Sits 16th in assists with 269, the top10 is at 306 so a season or two could get him there.
Reached the 200 goal mark and the 33rd spot all-time. Top25 is at 219.

For the playoffs:
#7 in points with 103 points and the top5 at 105 (but contains 4 active players).
#4 in assists with 63. Top 3 is reachable next year as it is 69 (but is an active players).
#10 in goals with 40. Top5 is at 52.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
PK is absolute cringe on tv I can’t believe ESPN employs that dolt. Chanting Go Leafs Go 4 times for a national game when you are supposed to be a there for commentary. Just an odd guy

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
So I was lying ? Lol it’s exactly what he did
ESPN: Entertainment and Sports Programming Network

It's an entertainment channel, Subban is there to entertain, this is why they got him, he's the most entertaining hockey personality in the planet and they've been trying to bridge the NBA / NFL market into the NHL through his appearances in first take with Stephan A. Smith and Shannon Sharp, he's trying to both educate and make hockey fun for the ESPN audience. You know you're not their target market.

Your hate for Subban is uncalled for here and i can't help my self but see other shadow motivations behind your post.

Reactions: dcyhabs

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Whateve
ESPN: Entertainment and Sports Programming Network

It's an entertainment channel, Subban is there to entertain, this is why they got him, he's the most entertaining hockey personality in the planet and they've been trying to bridge the NBA / NFL market into the NHL through his appearances in first take with Stephan A. Smith and Shannon Sharp, he's trying to both educate and make hockey fun for the ESPN audience. You know you're not their target market.

Your hate for Subban is uncalled for here and i can't help my self but see other shadow motivations behind your post.
Whatever wanker what a dolt lol

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
PK is absolute cringe on tv I can’t believe ESPN employs that dolt. Chanting Go Leafs Go 4 times for a national game when you are supposed to be a there for commentary. Just an odd guy

He's brutal. Guy is almost 40 and is still looking for outside validation like he's a 7 year old.

Reactions: Habs

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
As General Patton said…. All fame is fleeting

As General Patton said…. All fame is fleeting

Reactions: Habs

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
In the latest Hockey News there's a good column on Marc Tardif. An example of how the WHA impacted salaries, his last year with the Habs 1972/73 he made $14k. He got a three year deal at $150k per season plus a $100k signing bonus to sign in the WHA. He owns a couple of car dealerships in the Quebec City area now, hasn't been on skates 'in at least 10 years'.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Meh, he's 35 in like 3 weeks. Way too old to be this immature.
Relax dude. I'm closing in on 30 and I still can be silly/childish/goofy sometimes. Everyone is different. I think you're conflating two different things here. Not every man has to be stoic and proper all the time.

Reactions: nicehiss

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Relax dude. I'm closing in on 30 and I still can be silly/childish/goofy sometimes. Everyone is different. I think you're conflating two different things here. Not every man has to be stoic and proper all the time.

Different types of immaturity. I'm not talking about being silly. Im talking about a mid 30s man looking for validation like a child.

Talik Sanis

Feb 23, 2012
Montreal
Different types of immaturity. I'm not talking about being silly. Im talking about a mid 30s man looking for validation like a child.
I've not watched a single second of his recent performances. In what ways has he been seeking validation? What has he done, exactly, that is so juvenile?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad