News Article: Former Avs D-man Bryan Marchment passed away (age 53)

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I don’t know how he was as a person, but it was a relief when he got through his rental here without injuring anyone.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Ridiculously young. Was he in Montreal for the draft? If so you'd think that it wasn't something anyone was expecting. Sucks.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
That's sad to hear. Don't want to speculate too much, but guys like him went through a lot during and probably post career.

His son had a late blooming breakout year last season for the Panthers too. RIP.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
This doesn't matter and I'm a punk for bringing it up, but I 100% forgot he was an Av.
And I remember almost all of them. More obscure than Marchy.

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
RIP unironically was one of my favorite players when I was young. yeah he was dirty many times, but he used to be what I valued the most on a D: he was feared. people would change their playstyle when he was on the ice. and every once in while he would absolutely destroy someone entering the zone. give me a league full of Marchments, Kasparaitis, Boughners, Stevens, Phaneufs... rather than a league where you get a penalty whenever you touch someone and a major based on "reputation" alone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad