Former AHL player claims: Bryzgalov deliberately lost in the 03/04 AHL playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulverapa

Jul 22, 2011
Stockholm
Swedish player Jonathan Hedström, a former AHL player with the Cincinnati Mighty Ducks, is about to release his new book "Straight from my heart" where he claims Ilya Bryzgalov deliberately lost with the Cincinnati Mighty Ducks in the 03/04 season playoffs. Swedish player Tony MÃ¥rtensson didn't like it very much in the AHL and told Bryz he didn't want to play. "No problems, Tony, we’re going home", Ilya said, according to Hedström. Bryz then let some easy goals in and was the direct factor Cincinnati lost, Hedström claims.

The season before that there was a rumour that Avery had slept with Bryzgalov´s wife and during a game, Avery repeatedly yelled "I did it with your wife, Bryz!" Enough was enough, Bryz axed Avery down and recieved a three-game ban, Hedström says.

There were also times when Bryz wouldn't show up for the team summon before road games. "I crashed my car", Bryz could say. All this according to Jonathan Hedström.

Swedish source: http://www.hockeysverige.se/2014/09/25/bryzgalov-gav-avery-det-fulaste-yxhugg-jag-nagonsin-sett/

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Swedish player Jonathan Hedström, a former AHL player with the Cincinnati Mighty Ducks, is about to release his new book "Straight from my heart" where he claims Ilya Bryzgalov deliberately lost with the Cincinnati Mighty Ducks in the 03/04 season playoffs. Swedish player Tony Mårtensson didn't like it very much in the AHL and told Bryz he didn't want to play. "No problems, Tony, we’re going home", Ilya said, according to Hedström. Bryz then let some easy goals in and was the direct factor Cincinnati lost, Hedström claims.

The season before that there was a rumour that Avery had slept with Bryzgalov´s wife and during a game, Avery repeatedly yelled "I did it with your wife, Bryz!" Enough was enough, Bryz axed Avery down and recieved a three-game ban, Hedström says.

There were also times when Bryz wouldn't show up for the team summon before road games. "I crashed my car", Bryz could say. All this according to Jonathan Hedström.

Swedish source: http://www.hockeysverige.se/2014/09/25/bryzgalov-gav-avery-det-fulaste-yxhugg-jag-nagonsin-sett/

Sounds eerily similar to the Slap Shot scene where Reg Dunlop says basically the same thing to Hanrahan.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Hah, right on. I also did it with Gretzky's daughter, then Wayne tried to ran me over with his Ferrari but I did a triple backflip while holding my beer (didn't spill any) and dodged him.

Of course I believe a bitter swede.

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
I can believe it. It's a long time ago and Bryz has always been a character. Can well see him being way more mature now than 10 years ago. Also Hedström says there Bryz was an artist who was a great goalie when he wanted, but that wasn't too often. He didn't care of what his coaches or others told him. Fits his personality, yeah.

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
Just like that ol Kenny Loggins tune, Know when to throw'em and know when to fold'em

Pro(playing the game) Sports(playing a game)!
Amirite?

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
This thread didn't have much for legs when it was created, and now we're going way OT.

If anyone cares to keep this thread open, send me a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad