Recalled/Assigned: Formenton joins Belleville

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
in 5 years when he isn't a superstar people will point to this stint in Belleville as the culprit and example of us rushing prospects.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
White is at the age where he should be showing flashes. The biggest issue with guys in their young 20s isn't skill or ability, it's consistency. Have we seen any flashes of white having the offensive game to play a top 6 role? I think Fisher showed much more abilities at the same age.

Reactions: DrEasy and Cosmix

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
in 5 years when he isn't a superstar people will point to this stint in Belleville as the culprit and example of us rushing prospects.

This is something Don Cherry would ramble on about as Ron Maclean (and the entire country) grew more and more squinty-eyed and furrow-browed as Don made less and less (and less and less...) sense.

Fun ride, though.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

Well his season (in Junior) is over, and why not let him play a few games in Belleville?

What is the harm in that?

He's going to be heading to the Senators Development Camp in June with a few of the players on the Belleville roster, and then head into a Summer of conditioning to get ready for Training Camp.

He still has a year of Junior eligibility, so if he has any desire to make the NHL team for the 2018-19 season, he has to begin that process now, and make the Team at Training camp, or back to Junior.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
6 games left for Belleville. Should be a solid learning experience for Formenton. Playing with and against grown men, getting less time and space than he's used to, more physical and grinding type of game.

Will definitely help him for next year imo.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
6 games left for Belleville. Should be a solid learning experience for Formenton. Playing with and against grown men, getting less time and space than he's used to, more physical and grinding type of game.

Will definitely help him for next year imo.

IF he is playing in the NHL vs Junior.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
This is something Don Cherry would ramble on about as Ron Maclean (and the entire country) grew more and more squinty-eyed and furrow-browed as Don made less and less (and less and less...) sense.

Fun ride, though.
I clearly should have articulated my feelings on the matter more precisely.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I believe you may have misunderstood something along the way here
Did you not suggested some of the more militant among the "don't rush prospects" crowd would blame his perceived lack of development on a stint in Belleville. I don't think that is at all likely. It's akin to suggesting someone would blame a lack of development on a player from one of the lesser hockey nations going to the WJC because he wasn't ready for that level of competition. Nobody will be doing that. If that isn't what you're suggesting, my apologies, that's how it came off to me in the context of the the thread.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Did you not suggested some of the more militant among the "don't rush prospects" crowd would blame his perceived lack of development on a stint in Belleville. I don't think that is at all likely. It's akin to suggesting someone would blame a lack of development on a player from one of the lesser hockey nations going to the WJC because he wasn't ready for that level of competition. Nobody will be doing that. If that isn't what you're suggesting, my apologies, that's how it came off to me in the context of the the thread.
oh yeah you actually hit it on the head.. its been said before and it will be said again.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
oh yeah you actually hit it on the head.. its been said before and it will be said again.

I mean, it's at most 6 games, and he's not losing any development time in the CHL as a result of it, his team played out their season and post season. I really think you are way off base here. Far more likely is he makes the NHL club in his first year of AHL eligibility, or even next year, and people will blame that, not the 6 games he played in the AHL while still too young to start a year there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad