Recalled/Assigned: Formenton joins Belleville

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
What kind of player does everyone think formenton can be in the NHL?

The only play I’ve seen of him was in preseason hockey and the one regular season game of whatever it was. I wasn’t blown away by his game by any means but I didn’t expect to be at his age and development stage. I actually thought it was ridiculous they kept him up for the nine games.

He’s got elite speed obviously but what other aspects of his game will allow him to succeed in the nhl? Who would be a comparable when it comes to his ceiling?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

The only play I’ve seen of him was in preseason hockey and the one regular season game of whatever it was. I wasn’t blown away by his game by any means but I didn’t expect to be at his age and development stage. I actually thought it was ridiculous they kept him up for the nine games.

He’s got elite speed obviously but what other aspects of his game will allow him to succeed in the nhl? Who would be a comparable when it comes to his ceiling?
Consistent 35 -45 point guy. PK.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I see Formenton as a 3rd line LW player with 2nd line potential who can also play on your PK or be in front of the net on the PP. He's got excellent speed & good size & just needs to add some muscle to his frame, he's also got decent skill & could be a 30 to 40 pt player but he also wouldn't surprise me to hit 50 pts at some point in his career.

Batherson could be a similar player although he may have a tad more skill & could be expected to score a little more but they could be great on a line together some day.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
It's important to remember - and I think I have this right - that he would have been an '18 draft pick if he was three days younger. And he probably wouldn't go #47 in this draft after the second half + playoffs he had.

Reactions: Smeddy

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

I haven't watched a lot of his game...mostly highlights and clips on here. To me, he kinda looks like a much faster (and skinnier) Pageau. Tenacious and always going after the puck/puckcarrier, can get some goals but doesn't have elite hands...kind of guy who steps up in big games.

As a winger, he might be able to play a bit above his skills and perhaps take the blue collar/shift disturber role on a 2nd line, if all goes well? Probably a strong bet to be a third liner on a really tough to play against line.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Depending on how he fills out I could see a prime Milan Michalek in Formenton.

His hands are kind of underrated.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
At least Formenton can be like Vermette!

White on the other hand, is going to be like Zack Smith, and nothing more. Just another Lazar situation, with maybe a better hockey IQ

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
At least Formenton can be like Vermette!

White on the other hand, is going to be like Zack Smith, and nothing more. Just another Lazar situation, with maybe a better hockey IQ

This is crazy. White played a good game last night, you cannot seriously compare him to Lazar. White will be one of the better 3rd line shutdown centres in the league. Making Pageau very expendable soon. I say we let Pageau play 2C until Brown can hopefully steal that job. White at 3C. And trade Pageau for a pretty good package.
But then again I'm more than fine with keeping Pageau, he's also a great 3C.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
This is crazy. White played a good game last night, you cannot seriously compare him to Lazar. White will be one of the better 3rd line shutdown centres in the league. Making Pageau very expendable soon. I say we let Pageau play 2C until Brown can hopefully steal that job. White at 3C. And trade Pageau for a pretty good package.
But then again I'm more than fine with keeping Pageau, he's also a great 3C.

Isn't the whole deal with drafting a lot of centers, is that some of them will end up on the wing in the NHL? We could keep all of our kids and Pageau, and have someone in the group switch to wing.

Reactions: Newgates59

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad