Player Discussion Forgot about Drai

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Just a funny point, and it happens every time. But whenever Connor and Leon are tied in scoring race, and in goals, the NHL lists McD first. Even if Leon is +12 vs +4 or if Leon has acquired more EV pts. Doesn't matter, list Connor first, it isn't even alphabetical order. Yes I'm weird for even noting. hehe

Just watch. When Connor ties Drai he will be listed first, by default.

No big thing, its fantastic to have both of the best horses on the planet.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Just a funny point, and it happens every time. But whenever Connor and Leon are tied in scoring race, and in goals, the NHL lists McD first. Even if Leon is +12 vs +4 or if Leon has acquired more EV pts. Doesn't matter, list Connor first, it isn't even alphabetical order. Yes I'm weird for even noting. hehe

No on the leaders they just put who got their 1st if you click on all leaders they do it by goals and games played

Reactions: oilers'72

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG

Lol, I wonder if it's because Draisaitl's been in the league longer than McDavid or something related to the website/stats system they use.

CN8

May 31, 2010
Canada

I have noticed this at least with other players. Just like golf, the minute Tiger moved up he was always listed first

Reactions: TB12

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
People always bring up how McDavid can’t even how outscore Drai when talking about whether or not McDavid is generational.

Here’s a thought: maybe Draisaitl is pretty close to generational too.
I think by the end of their respective careers, they'll both be seen as the 2 unquestionable best talents of the generation.

When's the last player to be a 60g60a or 70g70a in a season?

BertMcDrai

Middle old guy loving sports
Nov 26, 2018

I have noticed this too...its really weird and not based on any useful/common listing.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
??? He's doing this while playing with Yamo so...
so.... he may do better if not with a struggling player.
Let me rephrase, Drai can go after Gretzky's 92 WHEN Yama gets going. Yama has 0 assists in the season so he hasnt really passed to Drai for a goal yet.

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
IN

Used to be around in the early days defending lazy, slow, overpaid Drai. Feels like my work is done, so just basking in the goodtimes.jpg, and enjoying the show. The other night was so sick: Zibanejad falling all over while Drai makes the calm, cool, collected tuck for the OT winner.

Reactions: oilers'72

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Lol, I wonder if it's because Draisaitl's been in the league longer than McDavid or something related to the website/stats system they use.

So this is hilarious, and on cue. But Drai and McD are again tied. DRai has better stats, more EV goals, pts, better +/- tied in pts, but McD first and showing leading scoring race, as is always the case when they are tied.

NHL Stats | NHL.com

Its like a thing with the NHL. Tiebreaker, you're Connor McDavid.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
So this is hilarious, and on cue. But Drai and McD are again tied. DRai has better stats, more EV goals, pts, better +/- tied in pts, but McD first and showing leading scoring race, as is always the case when they are tied.

NHL Stats | NHL.com

Its like a thing with the NHL. Tiebreaker, you're Connor McDavid.
As I explained in a post to you before it's just on the board they correct on main leaders link stop with the conspiracies nonsense I see you posted just the leaders page not the official
NHL Stats

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
As I explained in a post to you before it's just on the board they correct on main leaders link stop with the conspiracies nonsense I see you posted just the leaders page not the official
NHL Stats

Rude at all? Its just a humorous observation. Exactly as I stated every time they are tied the NHL stats FLASH page has Connor leading, and a picture of Connor as leader. Even though Drai is first on the basis of tiebreakers. Yes I know I click on individual leaders its comes up with the correct listing.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
IMO Connor had a better start to the season, but since then Drai has been playing better. Beast of a player.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
People always bring up how McDavid can’t even how outscore Drai when talking about whether or not McDavid is generational.

Here’s a thought: maybe Draisaitl is pretty close to generational too.

Better shot, better finish, reads of linemates better.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
IMO Connor had a better start to the season, but since then Drai has been playing better. Beast of a player.
Leons swat goal last night was just sick. I mean how do you defend that. As much as I prefer him slotted on either side for the one timer his imaginative play and scoring in front of the net is another factor.

Connor started out hot scoring 6 of his goals in first 4 games but since that has a human 3 goals in last 9games. To put in perspective leon has 12 goals, use, a dozen, in those same 9GP Pretty incredible. The question I posed in GDT is who is going to start potting some when Leon runs cold, which inevitably occurs.

Leon has 6 multiple goal games in 13GP. Unbelievable. He's carrying the club on his back. Still a lot of players on this team not getting anything EV. That has to change.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Leons swat goal last night was just sick. I mean how do you defend that. As much as I prefer him slotted on either side for the one timer his imaginative play and scoring in front of the net is another factor.

Connor started out hot scoring 6 of his goals in first 4 games but since that has a human 3 goals in last 9games. To put in perspective leon has 12 goals, use, a dozen, in those same 9GP Pretty incredible. The question I posed in GDT is who is going to start potting some when Leon runs cold, which inevitably occurs.

Leon has 6 multiple goal games in 13GP. Unbelievable. He's carrying the club on his back. Still a lot of players on this team not getting anything EV. That has to change.

He is on fire right now. I think that something seems a little off with Connor of late. Not sure what it is but he is definitely not at his best. Leon on the other hand is flat out beasting.

13gp. 14-14-28 +11
18EV points, 10PP points
3 points up on his generational teammate after 13 games. Unreal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad