Forecaster's top 75 for 2006

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Kessel is second here as well as on Red Line's draft. If the JJ offer from the Canes is true for the Pens' second pick, yes, I would personally make that trade. JJ is less of a risk for several reasons, including being a year older and closer to the finished product. But even with making the deal, and not thinking twice about doing so, I will have that nagging feeling in the back of my mind that we may just regret not going for Kessel in the end. He is the only one of the forward prospects that I feel that way about. Not Toews, not Staal, not Backstrom. Just Kessel scares the hell out of me regarding passing him over.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Jaded-Fan said:
Just Kessel scares the hell out of me regarding passing him over.

Just as much picking him also!! But I hear ya...and is why I hope one of the top 3 picks him before my caps do...the temptation to the darkside is great in that one!

Snoopy

Mar 5, 2005
forecaster

good to have more rankings, but the write ups are a bunch of fluff that most people could come up with out ever seeing the player.

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Well, they certainly didn't much research on this guy:

Mathieu Carle, D, Acadie-Bathurst (QMJHL) -- 6-4, 206 R

"owns great size for the blueline position"

Not really... He's only 6'0"... :dunno:

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
Snoopy said:
good to have more rankings, but the write ups are a bunch of fluff that most people could come up with out ever seeing the player.
Yup. It's a good list for fans who know very little about the draft (though THN is better, imo). Those of us who hang around HFBoards could probably whip up something of similar quality (in other words, it's mostly repeating what we heard form someone who knows what they're talking about :)) . Still, it's always fun to have a new ranking to look at.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Jaded-Fan said:
Kessel is second here as well as on Red Line's draft. If the JJ offer from the Canes is true for the Pens' second pick, yes, I would personally make that trade. JJ is less of a risk for several reasons, including being a year older and closer to the finished product. But even with making the deal, and not thinking twice about doing so, I will have that nagging feeling in the back of my mind that we may just regret not going for Kessel in the end. He is the only one of the forward prospects that I feel that way about. Not Toews, not Staal, not Backstrom. Just Kessel scares the hell out of me regarding passing him over.

Kessel scares the Hell out of me if my team (The Blackhawks) took him...for that team at least I see BUST at worst (a la KEN YAREMCHUK who also had "world class speed--so what ?) or another mediocrity like AMONTE at best..maybe on PITT surrounded by Crosby or Malkin or both setting him up he lights it up--but to LEAN and CARRY a team like the HAWKs to even improvement with him at the "go to" guy--I'm sorry,I don't buy into it at all--the Hawks need to take the more COMPLETE hockey players=Toews or Backstrom --not a "flash'' who could also prove a "flash in the pan" for such a team as the Hawks...so take him in PITT--I wish him success there..but he's eaxctly the wrong fit for the Hawks...he may rack up points--but you're gonna LOSE...

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
hawksfan50 said:
Kessel scares the Hell out of me if my team (The Blackhawks) took him...for that team at least I see BUST at worst (a la KEN YAREMCHUK who also had "world class speed--so what ?) or another mediocrity like AMONTE at best..maybe on PITT surrounded by Crosby or Malkin or both setting him up he lights it up--but to LEAN and CARRY a team like the HAWKs to even improvement with him at the "go to" guy--I'm sorry,I don't buy into it at all--the Hawks need to take the more COMPLETE hockey players=Toews or Backstrom --not a "flash'' who could also prove a "flash in the pan" for such a team as the Hawks...so take him in PITT--I wish him success there..but he's eaxctly the wrong fit for the Hawks...he may rack up points--but you're gonna LOSE...

You're so right. Every team Kessel has ever been associated with has been a loser........

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
hawksfan50 said:
We GET it. You don't LIKE Kessel. You don't have to come in every THREAD and say stuff like THIS.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
hawksfan50 said:

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Quit stalking Kessel.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
They have Grabner going 22nd but say that Nodl (ranked 72nd) is "a virtual lock to be the first Austrian selected in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft"...

Haha.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad