Forearm protection

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
Hi all,
When looking at NHL games, we sometimes see that the players elbow protectors seem to go much lower than what we can typically purchase. It looks like either they either have add-on forearm protectors or the pro elbows go down to the gloves. An example is Kucherov which has this type of protection.

Since I get some pretty fast shots whizzing by me every week (one of the new guys in the leagues kinda scares me, he shoots high and hard even if you're right in front of him) and my daily work involve me typing the little keyboard keys with my fingers (fingers->hand->forearm), I'd like to ensure that if that shots hits my forarm I can still work the next day.

I don't care about having to buy extra, one day missed from work is all it needs to justify it. She who should not be told of all the hurt we endure would be pissed if I cannot do massages as well. ;)

So, what are my options here. Add on, pro-stock, peculiar brand/models?

Thanks

gswift

Mar 27, 2013
Kucherov uses the Jofa forearm pads that the EQM has attached to his Reebok 20K elbow pads

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Your elbow pads and gloves are supposed to fit so that there’s very little to no exposed area on your wrist/arm.

Either look into wrist guards or more protective/better fitting elbow pads and maybe a larger pair of gloves.

Wrist guards
Hockey Wrist Guards Slash Guards

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
^^those should do the trick. I kept bashing my forearm into the dasher so bought some of the cheaper ones- still got some stingers, but no longer had anything that left me too sore the next day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad