OT: forcasting the future player moves

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
What is the prognosis with G Hackett? Any idea on how he forcasts? Is he a future starter or just a backup?

With this trade does this mean that in the offseason we look for a trade such as Enroth/Hackett + Stafford and/or LA 2nd rounders for Bernier + ?

Does this ad fuel to the fire of Miller being dealt around the draft? Seeing the goalies getting dealt this should establish Millers price at something similar to Pominville where its 2 quality prospects/players + 1st.

would Stafford get dealt at the draft or would they wait until he starts scoring again and then deals him sometime during next season? some rumors floated that they were asking for a 1st for him.

My gut feeling is Vanek and Ott are negotiated during the off season for extensions. If none can be done then they will also be on the block for trades.

I dont see them even trying to talk to Miller about an extension and instead just deal him by next deadline for players and picks.

Leino is given until 2014 to do something ---if not he gets the buyout then.

I dont know what the rules are on making the buyout......do they have to do it during a certain time period or can they do it anytime in the summer? I could see them looking at UFAs out there and look to sign a UFA---only if they could get a top level player would they then say they will buy out Leino or Stafford to make cap room for the signing.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
My guess is Regier sees Hackett as a potential starter long-term and a replacement for Miller. I'm sure they'll get him some games before this season is over to see how he does.

Miller and Stafford are both likely gone during the summer, and if not they'll be dealt at the trade deadline next season. I can't imagine either of them being back for 2015.

Vanek could go either way. It will probably depend on what Regier gets offered for him.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
My guess is Regier sees Hackett as a potential starter long-term and a replacement for Miller. I'm sure they'll get him some games before this season is over to see how he does.

confirmed in his presser that wrapped up the day with Stoned McDufferson.

a very good young goaltender...we think he has the ability to play in the NHL, and with our goaltending situation, we want to make sure that we have a lot of depth, and he adds to that depth... a serious candidate to play here in the future

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Thinking of what darcy could potentially get for vanek in a trade...I'd really rather deal him than sign him to a retirement contract. His body's going to keep wearing down more and more

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
I have a feeling that Regier is going to shock us all and trade Vanek and Miller and buy out Stafford this summer (not the shocking part) but then floor everyone and make offer sheets to a couple high profile RFA's to speed this rebuild up with talent that is young and can produce.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
I have a feeling that Regier is going to shock us all and trade Vanek and Miller and buy out Stafford this summer (not the shocking part) but then floor everyone and make offer sheets to a couple high profile RFA's to speed this rebuild up with talent that is young and can produce.

I wouldn't be shocked at all if all 3 were gone. I'm actually expecting at this point, with the only wild card being Vanek.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00