News Article: Forbes' Hockey Analysis: It's not for us. To be revisited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Sydor was almost as maligned as Scuderi is now.

Not considering contracts, I think I actually hated Sydor more than Scuds 2.0.

Scuderi is done, but at least he tries. Watching Sydor let opposing forwards beat him to loose pucks because he didn't feel like taking a hit was infuriating.

Boucher was on his last legs too, but at least he was a consummate professional that tried to set a good example for his young teammates.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Sydor, Sykora, Boucher, and Gonchar all took turns infuriating me back then.

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
Thank God we didn't have to deal with Boucher long. I liked Murray though. He was slow as molasses but it was funny watching people try to hit a brick wall.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
The problem with Murray was the cost of Murray. Bottom pairing defenseman and we gave up two 2nds. Entirely too much. This was right after getting Morrow for Morrow. I call that the beginning of the end.

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013
The problem with Murray was the cost of Murray. Bottom pairing defenseman and we gave up two 2nds. Entirely too much. This was right after getting Morrow for Morrow. I call that the beginning of the end.
Loved Ray's justification for that move. Hey, I don't set the insane prices -- (I just agree to pay them).

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
I feel like this thread is meandering all over now. We've read the article, pretty much no one finds value in it because Forbes. Now we're talking about other players' contracts and ex-Penguins. We can always re-open later if it appears Kessel is threatening to bring us a Cup. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad