for those who've seen slovak's games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cat Called Bobcat

Dec 3, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
They both look very good - they were both stars in the games they played in Ottawa, with Lasak facing more shots and not allowing any goals, of course.

In the post game interview, Lasak said he didn't feel well at the beginning of the game, but got more into it as the game went on. He made a couple of easy saves look awkward early on, but then got into his groove and made some really tough saves in the 3rd. Canada would have won the other night if it hadn't been for Stana.

I'd say Lasak looks better, perhaps it's just because he was tested more and came up big in the game I saw. I'm sure he'll be the starter.

e-e

Mar 15, 2003
Bratislava
kissmeimasensfan said:
They both look very good - they were both stars in the games they played in Ottawa, with Lasak facing more shots and not allowing any goals, of course.

In the post game interview, Lasak said he didn't feel well at the beginning of the game, but got more into it as the game went on. He made a couple of easy saves look awkward early on, but then got into his groove and made some really tough saves in the 3rd. Canada would have won the other night if it hadn't been for Stana.

I'd say Lasak looks better, perhaps it's just because he was tested more and came up big in the game I saw. I'm sure he'll be the starter.

thanks for nice analysis...everybody expects to be the weakest link in goalie position on slovak roster. but the slovak fans know that lasak has proved several times that he is the man in slovak jersey. i can't wait for the real game.
go slovakia go! :yo: :yo: :yo:

Dizzy

May 24, 2003
Windsor, ON
Visit site
I was at both games too. I thought goaltending was going to be Slovakia's weakest area, but both goalies played really well, both were first stars. I'd expect Lasak to probably be the starter with Stana as backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad