For those in Europe who want NHL games..

Status
Not open for further replies.

helicecopter

Mar 8, 2003
give me higher shots
Visit site
Belgian Fan said:
It's a bit of a strange situation here in Belgium. What used to be Canal + (pay channel, had the rights for all kinds of soccer games) changed to 'prime' and went digital.
We got the receiver/digibox for free as old Canal + subscribers (normally the digibox is 200€) and we have to pay 33€ monthly fee for a package of 8 film channels and 6 sports channels (live soccer and NASN are in that package). Not incredibly expensive I'd say, but that doesn't mean I'm not glad my parent pay the fee ;).
I'm paying almost twice without getting NASN and ANY NHL HOCKEY in the package. :madfire: :madfire: :madfire: i am going to kill someone pretty soon..

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
ScottyBowman said:
Hey guys. There is a program called sopcast where its streaming tv. Its real big for soccer games and they have some cool channels like espn and bbc world. Its basically a new invention of p2p television.
http://www.sopcast.org/

I believe it's been mentioned on these boards before, Streamtvnow.com is also pretty good for live daily internet broadcasts of various sports (NHL, soccer, NBA, NFL etc.) for just a few bucks a month, I'm not sure if they are taking any more new customers, though.

Last edited:

Belgian Fan

Nov 28, 2002
Visit site
They also showed a repeat of the Pens on sunday instead of HNIC game #2 (which was Avs@Nucks) :rant: :rant: :rant:

But then again, I'm still in the phase where I'm happy to see any hockey, tonight they'll have Nashville and the Nucks (from yesterday) if all goes well.

Steve L*

Jan 13, 2003
Southampton, England
Visit site
I was watching the Avs Nucks game on Saturday night and they cut away from the 3rd period to show a chat show!

The editing is beyond useless, they need to replace the chimp who controls the buttons.

Edit, theyre showing Nashville - Columbus tonight which should be a cracker. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Strange that Ottawa are now the only NHL team not to be shown on NASN in the first 2 months.

I hope they dont mess with the published schedule too much! The Coyotes are on this weekend and 3 more times in November.

So far Vancouver and Toronto have been shown 7 or 8 times each but the average time a team is shown in Oct/Nov is 2.67.

Steve L*

Jan 13, 2003
Southampton, England
Visit site
Gwyddbwyll said:
Strange that Ottawa are now the only NHL team not to be shown on NASN in the first 2 months.

I hope they dont mess with the published schedule too much! The Coyotes are on this weekend and 3 more times in November.

So far Vancouver and Toronto have been shown 7 or 8 times each but the average time a team is shown in Oct/Nov is 2.67.
Theyre scheduling is very strange, they have had lots of crappy teams (no offence) on like the Wild, BJs, Hawks NJ etc that no neutrals are interested in.

At least the Flyers are on 6 times this month, hopefully they will have improved their matchups, ie if theyre going to show the Hawks, show them against the Wings.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Well not too many neutrals are overjoyed at seeing Philly vs Toronto part XXIV or Van-Col Revenge part VIII :D I did expect more attention to balance though. Toronto and Vancouver feature heavily due to HNIC being the main feed on weekends. But I dont understand why Phoenix has gotten 5 games - maybe its Gretzky but Pittsburgh have Mario/Crosby and they arent on at all this month. Certainly not complaining mind you :)

They must be changing some stuff - I have Philly down as 4 games this month and Ottawa 0 games but just got an email publicising Ottawa vs Toronto.

Anyway my main beef is repeats. They repeat some games 3 times. Too much. Anyone who can afford NASN has 99.9% definitely got a VCR or access to one or Sky Plus even. Tape the bloody thing and let NASN put on 4 different games (3 with time delay) and that allows you to show 6 extra teams.

Steve L*

Jan 13, 2003
Southampton, England
Visit site
I cant believe the Sens arent on much.

Anytime the Sens-Philly-Toronto trio play each other, it should be on, same as NYI-NYR, Cal-Edm, Col-Van, Col-Det, Bos-Mon. Its not rocket science to know that they should be good games.

I dont mind seeing the Nashvilles, Phoenixs and Hawks etc but its frustrating when theyres a great matchup thats not being shown I actuallly enjoyed the Nsh-Cls game the other night. :eek:

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Cant agree with you there - it doesnt mean they should be good games and I dont want to see every single Tor-Phi game that's for sure. Do you want to see all eight of the Phx-Lax games? I'd far rather get to see more teams than watch the same loaded teams over and over again. Its a bit annoying that the 5 Coyote games are against 3 teams - Vancouver x2, Anaheim x2 - I'd rather see 5 different teams.

Anyway those problems would all be non-issues if they simply showed more games on tape delay instead of repeating games so much.

Steve L*

Jan 13, 2003
Southampton, England
Visit site
Gwyddbwyll said:
Cant agree with you there - it doesnt mean they should be good games and I dont want to see every single Tor-Phi game that's for sure. Do you want to see all eight of the Phx-Lax games? I'd far rather get to see more teams than watch the same loaded teams over and over again. Its a bit annoying that the 5 Coyote games are against 3 teams - Vancouver x2, Anaheim x2 - I'd rather see 5 different teams.

Anyway those problems would all be non-issues if they simply showed more games on tape delay instead of repeating games so much.
Id rather watcht he Flyers play against the teams that hate each other, Id take watching the Flyers against the Sens of Leafs 4 times in a month instead of say Fla, Was, Car and Mon.

Do you get bored of the playoff games then? (Im tempted to say thats not a problem with the Yotes :p: ) NASN showed the whole of the Tor-Philly series from the last 2 seasons apart from the night Five had the rights to show a game.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Very funny :)

Playoff hockey is a different animal altogether - the stakes are so much higher.

As for opponents, I dont get to watch many neutral games so I learn more about the rest of the NHL by watching them play against my team.

Steve L*

Jan 13, 2003
Southampton, England
Visit site
I watch every game so I get to see all the teams but showing the Wild and Yotes above teams like the Sens or Flyers isnt for me.

Although HNIC should be a cracker tonight, Leafs - Sens and Avs - Van.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad