For the Price of One Clarkson...

Steve

Mar 6, 2002
I think you (an many fans) will be much happier with Clarkson this year. I don't see how he can live up to that contract but he is a good and valuable hockey player.

This past season was, BY A COUNTRY MILE, his worst in the NHL. If he returns to his average, he will be a productive player.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
We got Komarov + Kontiola + Santorelli

Leafs have made some prudent moves, avoided splurging on crappy players, and added some useful pieces.

I guess the only redeeming argument about the Clarkson signing is if that threesome is a good unit, it will have forced the Leafs to think smart and small market and if you average the salaries of Clarkson, Komarov, Kontiola and Santorelli across the board is decent value...

Otherwise yeah, Clarkson is a disgrace.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
We don't. They could all crap the bed and we'll be sobbing uncontrollably in no time.

But hope springs eternal, especially in Leafland.

The main difference is that they're signed for a combined 6 years, which was still shorter than the Clarkson contract.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
I think you (an many fans) will be much happier with Clarkson this year. I don't see how he can live up to that contract but he is a good and valuable hockey player.

This past season was, BY A COUNTRY MILE, his worst in the NHL. If he returns to his average, he will be a productive player.

He was crazy slow out there.
How will that improve ?
He's going to take methamphetamine ?

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
Kontiola + Santorelli + Frattin = Less than Kulemin

I don't know how much Bodie signed for but if it's less than 800K than you can add him in there too.

Kyle Doobas*

Finally, a thread for complaints about Clarkson's contract.

HarryLime

Jun 27, 2014
Halifax
I like what they've done so far

can't help but be negative towards the Clarkson deal. I was against it the second it happened. But oh well.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
He was crazy slow out there.
How will that improve ?
He's going to take methamphetamine ?

Clarkson will only find his New Jersey form if the Leafs somehow acquire Kovalchuk and Parise and they use Clarkson like it's Weekend at Bernie's. After watching last year, the casual fan kind of wonders if they possess more hockey skills than Clarkson.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Personally, people constantly complaining about the Clarkson deal is far more annoying than the Clarkson deal itself. It is what it is. Accept it and move on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad