For Rasmussen to be worth the 9th pick, how many pts a season does he need to avg?

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
-Show signs of improvement 5on5
-Make WJ squad
-Develop more snarl (even a little)

I dont like the pick, might never like it but ill live with it for now. Just show signs of progress, that's all we can ask for. Stay healthy, develop more to your game and just show progress. Add more points to your total on last year and become better 5on5 offensively.

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
He needs to outperform the guys we could have drafted, like Vilardi, Necas, and Liljegren, to name a few.

Exactly. Not going to set a hard number but he needs to be not a mistake. Time will tell.

Lilegren went 17th, so why is he in this equation. 8 other teams, also passed on him, and other d-men went ahead of him.

Every person on the board matters but those guys are the standouts

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Really depends how players like Necas and Vilardi do as well.

Exactly.. It's not good enough to get average picks at your draft position. If you're going to beat the other guys, you have to pick better than average.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
You can get 30 point players for mid-late picks. You can get 30 pointers free and relatively cheap from UFA. One way to evaluate this is ask what player you could get for the 9th overall pick in a trade. Would you give up the 9th overall pick for Lee Stempniak?

To answer your question, no. Trade value for this pick is a bit of a moot point seeing as no one was even close to making overtures to trade up to the top 10 this year. Most teams were just hoping to get a guy who could make it to the NHL in the 1st round outside the top 2 or 3. What great return do you think could have been had for this pick?

Also, assigning points to draft position is not the be all for assessing value, was my initial point, so I'm not sure where the Stempniak question came from.

Last edited:

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
Just curious. How many points would Nico and Patrick have to average to be worth the 1st and 2nd pick? 80? 90?

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Just curious. How many points would Nico and Patrick have to average to be worth the 1st and 2nd pick? 80? 90?

Some years don't have 90 point players. But if you're picking first overall, you sure as hell hope they are a first line player, top pairing defender, or starting goalie.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015

Depends on the rest of the draft. It could just be a weak draft then there's not much they could have done differently. As long as they got the top players.
For Rasmussen I agree that he has to be better than vilardi, necas, and valimaki for the pick to be good

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad