For Leafs faithful.. Interview with E Brinton Conn Smythe's grand daughter

WeWantACup

Oct 15, 2011
Toronto
www.wewantacup.com
Please enjoy episode 12. In this episode we talk to Elizabeth Brinton, granddaughter of the Legendary Conn Smyth.

We hope you enjoy hearing the passion and love for the Leafs from the Smyth family themselves.

"the C stood for character"

"Every seat in the Gardens was washed with warm water and soap before every game"

itunes
https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/leaf-matters/id577173646?mt=2

mp3

http://t.co/MdsajP6h

conn%20smythe%202.jpg

Last edited:

scottcwheeler

Nov 22, 2012
Please enjoy episode 12. In this episode we talk to Elizabeth Brinton, granddaughter of the Legendary Conn Smyth.

We hope you enjoy hearing the passion and love for the Leafs from the Smyth family themselves.

"the C stood for character"

"Every seat in the Gardens was washed with warm water and soap before every game"

itunes
https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/leaf-matters/id577173646?mt=2

mp3

http://t.co/MdsajP6h

conn%20smythe%202.jpg

Of the guests the podcast has hosted in the early going (Pat Quinn, Matt Nichol, Adam Proteau), this has got to be the most heartfelt interview and that goes a long way. Quite the emotion and history.

Do the folks here at HFBoards have any memories that date back as far as the Smythe family or Maple Leafs Gardens?

WeWantACup

Oct 15, 2011
Toronto
www.wewantacup.com
Of the guests the podcast has hosted in the early going (Pat Quinn, Matt Nichol, Adam Proteau), this has got to be the most heartfelt interview and that goes a long way. Quite the emotion and history.

Do the folks here at HFBoards have any memories that date back as far as the Smythe family or Maple Leafs Gardens?

Ya Scott we were so lucky to have her on the show To hear a Smythe talk about their love of the Leafs and how they felt they needed to win every game because some of the fans had to save money to take the train to the game. They needed to be rewarded with a win.

Or how the Leafs were considered little league in the NHL.

As a Leafs fan I'm so glad I got to take part in this. Really gave me a deeper respect and appreciation for the history and people associated with our team.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008

I have one of those seats. Probably my favourite piece of Leaf memorabilia (my autographed Johnny Bower goalie stick is up there too). I sit in it for every Leaf playoff game. Been a while.....:cry:

WeWantACup

Oct 15, 2011
Toronto
www.wewantacup.com
I have one of those seats. Probably my favourite piece of Leaf memorabilia (my autographed Johnny Bower goalie stick is up there too). I sit in it for every Leaf playoff game. Been a while.....:cry:

Cool I just saw mr.Bower Friday night still hanging out with the alumni at a game against the Lorne Park coaches. I bet that seat means alot more after hearing her speak about the Gardens.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Cool I just saw mr.Bower Friday night still hanging out with the alumni at a game against the Lorne Park coaches. I bet that seat means alot more after hearing her speak about the Gardens.

Well the seat has seen all those great moments plus the non hockey ones too. Would love to have about 10 of them. As for Johnny, yeah I had the stick personally autographed and got a picture with him and me holding my Bower jersey. Probably the most approachable player I've ever met and whatever you send him, he'll send back.

WeWantACup

Oct 15, 2011
Toronto
www.wewantacup.com
Well the seat has seen all those great moments plus the non hockey ones too. Would love to have about 10 of them. As for Johnny, yeah I had the stick personally autographed and got a picture with him and me holding my Bower jersey. Probably the most approachable player I've ever met and whatever you send him, he'll send back.

the Man was born to be a Leaf and is as proud to be one today as when he wore the pads.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad