For 4 years, I watched this forum denigrate Quenneville...

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
More compete? Are you talking about in the first period when they are giving up 2-3 goals before they even score one and everyone looks like they are skating in mud? (outside of the Pens game?) Yeah, maybe they show more fight when they are down 2 or 3 goals, or is that the other team has taken their foot off the gas?

Let me put it this way. The compete level was at rock bottom when JC took the reins. Definitely not saying it is anywhere close to where it should be at this time but the compete level has been a tad better recently. Hopefully, that is something the team can build on.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Let me put it this way. The compete level was at rock bottom when JC took the reins. Definitely not saying it is anywhere close to where it should be at this time but the compete level has been a tad better recently. Hopefully, that is something the team can build on.
dont agree with that at all. they compete some games and dont others. been like that all year. IMO

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I'd say it's a little worse for the first 10 or so games under JC. Lately it seems like there is a bit of a better effort, but not much. Last game was the most effort I have seen in this group in a while. But again, not sure how much of it is effort compared to the other teams letting up.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I'd say it's a little worse for the first 10 or so games under JC. Lately it seems like there is a bit of a better effort, but not much. Last game was the most effort I have seen in this group in a while. But again, not sure how much of it is effort compared to the other teams letting up.

True enough but if Crawford had been better we could have won several of the last 3 or 4 games. The let downs and not starting on time was not as prevalent but still there. Baby steps.

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
There has been a compete level throughout this losing streak. That's why they've scored multiple goals in many of the games comprising the losing streak. The problem in the losing streak is that in some games the Hawks haven't shown up until they were behind, and in other games various players have been exposed and taken advantage of. Increasing the compete level won't solve the Hawks roster problems.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad