FOOTBALL! Steelers, THE Ohio State Buckeyes, PSU, PItt, RMU, Cal-U, CCAC....

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
After the game, Johnson said his injury is nothing more than an "ankle bruise" and that he expects to be available for the Steelers by next weekend.
"It's not going to keep me out of the game," Johnson said after the game. "I'm doing fine. I'll be ready next week."

That’s great news.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
Belicheck getting exposed.

Meanwhile my GOAT doing big things in Tampa. You love to see it

EvGeno

Looks like a basketball player!
Jul 11, 2009
Phoenix via Pgh
As annoying as the almost-chokejob is, it’s not surprising with the coaching staff, so I’ll just enjoy the win!

Side note, I just realized Tampa Bay could get championships in 3 sports this year, something Pittsburgh will never accomplish (thanks, Nutting)...go Dodgers?

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy99

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
That Spillane hit was one of the more violent collisions I have seen since prime Ray Lewis and Dan Kreider/Jerome Bettis used to meet in B gap.

I like him a lot - he's impressed me both weeks he has played. I think he is at the very least a good back MLB. The issue is that he needs to be 15-20 lbs heavier, and that isn't happening.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Steelers are 6-0! Only two more wins and Tomlin’s job is secure for another year!

In all seriousness though, this team may be 6-0, but they (much like the Pens) can’t seem to put together a complete game on both sides of the ball. IF they were able to do that, with both the offense and defense firing on all cylinders, we may have a contender here. Until they do that, I don’t consider them top tier talent and I sure as hell hope Tomlin and the coaching staff are telling them that to keep a chip on their shoulder.

In the 14 years they Tomlin has been here, he has had loads of talent on both sides of the ball. He started out with all world defensive players, then had a glut of all world offensive players, and now has another very talented defensive corps. And sans the SB in the first few years, what has he done with it? NOTHING, that’s what. COACHING has always been the thing that hamstrings this team. Bad game plans, lack of preparation, lack of discipline and accountability, bad clock management, failure to adjust, etc, for 14 years. And I’m sorry, but it’s gotten to the point that even when they win I can’t help but be pissed off at the dumbf***ery that I am seeing week in and week out. Nothing is ever easy, and you can bellow all you want about “the other team gets paid to win too”, but this team consistently shoots itself in the foot to lose games or almost blow them, more so than the other team outplaying them.

There are numerous examples over the years, too numerous to list. James Franklin reminds of Tomlin a lot and yesterday’s game was a prime example. Every player on the field should have had it drilled into their heads before they went out there to not score under any circumstances. Take a TO if you have to, to reiterate that, but make sure that every knows to take a knee and win the game. But no, and look what happened...

This team has the talent to make it all the way but until they show me some consistency and a complete game, I’m just not putting them in that top tier.

And no, I could give a shit less about who Seattle ALMOST lost to or who KC lost to or who Baltimore lost to.

Reactions: DanielPlainview

EvGeno

Looks like a basketball player!
Jul 11, 2009
Phoenix via Pgh
Wow, we-know-who on Seattle with a great play to run down an INT ended up saving 3 to 7 points . I have fanboy blocked so maybe it was mentioned already, LOL.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Even though Tennessee and Cleveland are a combined 10-3, those defenses kinda suck. Not that they aren’t good wins, but the Ravens are a more complete team, and rightfully ~6 pt favorites next week. Ben was doing a really good job up til today at protecting the ball and not doing some stupid stuff/throwing picks. Need to play sound. Lamar Jackson won’t stand back there and get sacked a whole bunch like other potato QB’s the Steelers have faced this year. And he really doesn’t lose to teams not named KC in the regular season.

I just really don’t like the Tomlin-Harbaugh matchup. They are a pain and I’m pretty sure by now with that sweep last year that Tomlin is under .500 against him head to head.

Reactions: Bingo71

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Even though Tennessee and Cleveland are a combined 10-3, those defenses kinda suck. Not that they aren’t good wins, but the Ravens are a more complete team, and rightfully ~6 pt favorites next week. Ben was doing a really good job up til today at protecting the ball and not doing some stupid stuff/throwing picks. Need to play sound. Lamar Jackson won’t stand back there and get sacked a whole bunch like other potato QB’s the Steelers have faced this year. And he really doesn’t lose to teams not named KC in the regular season.

I just really don’t like the Tomlin-Harbaugh matchup. They are a pain and I’m pretty sure by now with that sweep last year that Tomlin is under .500 against him head to head.
Harbaugh can out scheme and out plan Tomlin with 2 days to prepare, let alone 2 weeks.

That game will pretty much determine the division and illustrate who wears the big boy pants in the AFC.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
Harbaugh can out scheme and out plan Tomlin with 2 days to prepare, let alone 2 weeks.

That game will pretty much determine the division and illustrate who wears the big boy pants in the AFC.
Tomlin is 12-11 against Harbauh excluding last season.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
Why exclude last season?
Because we were without Ben and Ravens had the league MVP. Ben makes a big difference.

Even if you include last season, the record is 12-13. Hardly a mismatch like you think.
Tomlin and Harbauh are quite similar in accomplishments and coaching skills.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Nice to be the last unbeaten team. I really hope they go linebacker shopping this week.
We're at the point where the back-ups we have for our injured starters are getting hurt, we need back-ups of back-ups.

And f*** the NFL for this entire situation, the Steelers could have used that Bye week, instead, an ignorant bunch of assf***s decided to ignore the rules and make this week's game even possible. While the 6-0 thing is cool, the bodies are dropping faster than a rendezvous with Bill Cosby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad