[Footage] 1992-93: Pavel Bure, Goals 39-60. Previously Unavailable Footage.

JA

As society has become more accustomed to the use of YouTube over the past eight years, much footage has emerged that would have previously been unavailable to the general public. This past month, one individual has compiled several of Pavel Bure's goals from the 1992-93 Vancouver Canucks season, many of which have not been seen in over 20 years. This footage is courtesy of Sports Page.

These goals were scored during Bure's slump in the second half of the 1992-93 season. Enjoy this new footage.

Also, this user has posted all of Bure's goals from the 1994 Stanley Cup playoffs:

Thanks to the user, Coffee Ketchup, on YouTube, this rare footage is now available.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Things I've taken from this:

-DT really hasn't changed his schtick since forever hasn't he? Whatever, I still like him as an anchor, in small doses.
-Russian Rocket was what the Sedins are now in the 90s, except even more exciting (probably possible, given it was Bure)
-Linden once said without thinking about it long Mogilny was the most skilled player he's ever skated with. WHAT THE HELL, ALEX? WE COULD HAVE USED YOU IN THE DARK YEARS! :laugh:

dave babych returns

Dec 2, 2011
Thanks for finding and posting these JetsAlternate, and yeah kudos to CoffeeKetchup (blech) as well.

-DT really hasn't changed his schtick since forever hasn't he?

I can't take Taylor anymore, but watching those reminded me what a breeding ground for broadcasters sportspage was back then.

Taylor, Barry Macdonald, Dave Randorf, John Shorthouse, Dan Murphy, Craig McEwen :sarcasm: :laugh: , Sean McCormick (forgot about that guy), etc..

Used to love staying up late to watch the highlights on U tv.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Yeah, Sports Page really ruled the roost in Vancouver back then, didn't they? What happened, did they dissolve and take over Sportsnet or something? I done forgot.

Finkle is Einhorn

Oct 13, 2003
Visit site
His hit on Churla really highlights the stark difference between the league today and the one of 20 years ago. Today, the Canucks probably would have been without Bure at least well into the third round. Back then, not a thing. I like to think the Burke's involvement in the Rome suspension in 2011 was the Canucks' cosmic payback for him letting Bure glide in '94.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
His hit on Churla really highlights the stark difference between the league today and the one of 20 years ago. Today, the Canucks probably would have been without Bure at least well into the third round. Back then, not a thing. I like to think the Burke's involvement in the Rome suspension in 2011 was the Canucks' cosmic payback for him letting Bure glide in '94.
Even in 1994, it should be noted that people were dumbfounded when he didn't get any suspension. At most, though, it likely would have been 2-3 games in that era.

Finkle is Einhorn

Oct 13, 2003
Visit site
Even in 1994, it should be noted that people were dumbfounded when he didn't get any suspension. At most, though, it likely would have been 2-3 games in that era.

Yeah I didn't mean to imply that players regularly caved guys' heads in without so much as a slap on the wrist back then. But I also imagine if something like that happened today and Shanahan inexplicably did nothing, we wouldn't hear the end of it until Shanahan resigned in dishonour.

Bure All Day

Mar 29, 2012
Vancouver
My boy Bure showin' why he was the best Canuck ever (not greatest, but best single player)

60 goals.. when's the next time we're going to be able to say that again about a Canucks

sk8er

Nov 8, 2008
I actually saved a few old "yulin' with the page" episodes.....*runs downstairs to tickle trunk to find if any have survived kids and time*

they were awesome!

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
I remember Sportspage had the trivia where you could phone in, and get a prize, and nobody ever did. My father phoned in and won every time, he ran out of family member's names to use. We ended up going to dinner with like 20 people for free cause of all the free dinners we won from Sportspage

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad