Foot Measurement for Skates

Bob Kudelski

Mar 8, 2006
Ottawa, ON
Do hockey stores use devices that measure your feet in shoe size or in skate size?

I know all about how skates are supposed to fit (1.5 sizes smaller than regular shoe size), but that's not what this question is about.

The question is, do hockey stores use a foot measuring device that provides the foot size in skate size or in shoe size?

For example, I had my feet measured at a popular hockey store with one of those metal things you stand on, and the guy said I was a 9. So is that 9 in skate size or shoe size? The reason I'm not sure is because in shoes, I can wear anywhere between a size 9 and a 10.5 depending on the make of shoe.

Thanks in advance.

beth

Sep 10, 2010
Bellevue, WA
Ours uses one that I think says Bauer on it and it's blue and measures skate size. You might have been measured by a regular shoe one. You should maybe call them and ask?

thedonger

Mar 4, 2007
Do hockey stores use devices that measure your feet in shoe size or in skate size?

I know all about how skates are supposed to fit (1.5 sizes smaller than regular shoe size), but that's not what this question is about.

The question is, do hockey stores use a foot measuring device that provides the foot size in skate size or in shoe size?

For example, I had my feet measured at a popular hockey store with one of those metal things you stand on, and the guy said I was a 9. So is that 9 in skate size or shoe size? The reason I'm not sure is because in shoes, I can wear anywhere between a size 9 and a 10.5 depending on the make of shoe.

Thanks in advance.

i think each company has their own measuring scales for skate size...at least i know bauer does for sure. anyways, most good skate fitters only use that measurement as a starting point as all skates fit different.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad