Foligno vs Knyzhov

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Kind of a beat down. Second time that some young player has challenged Foligno- Farabee did it last year. These young guys need to do their research. A real goon would've really messed them up.

Reactions: GuerinUp

dkd

May 4, 2012
Canada
Classy of Foligno to call in the refs when Knyzhov was bleeding. Was his first career fight. Total domination though/

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Kind of a beat down. Second time that some young player has challenged Foligno- Farabee did it last year. These young guys need to do their research. A real goon would've really messed them up.

Foligno said himself after the game that he asked Knyzhov to fight. Maybe you outta do some research before spouting off.

Anyway, the fight went the way you would expect it to. Foligno had 44 career fights coming in and Knyzhov had 0.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Knyzhov clearly came across the ice to gave Foligno a cross check after the whistle. At that point, yeah, I'm sure Foligno probably said, "What, you want to fight?". You can easily see it on the game tape.

Reactions: Richard Lather

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Knyzhov clearly came across the ice to gave Foligno a cross check after the whistle. At that point, yeah, I'm sure Foligno probably said, "What, you want to fight?". You can easily see it on the game tape.
San Jose Sharks rookie Knyzhov takes a few punches, earns respect – East Bay Times

Argue with what they both actually said.

First Knyzhov:

It’s a game and it was in the moment just, kind of a battle there down low,” Knyzhov said. “After the whistle, he came up to me and he’s like, ‘you want to go?’ So, you know, it just happened. A good way to get the monkey off my back. I’ll take it as an experience.”

Then Foligno:
“You know, good on him. I give him a lot of credit,” Foligno said of Knyzhov. “I think there’s things you do when you’re young to answer the bell, and you have to do it and you gain a lot of respect from your teammates. So I’m sure he got that tonight.”

Last edited:

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
The SJS board noticed the same thing that I did. Knyzhov initiated the fight. Followed Foligno after the whistle and gave him a cross check. He clearly came up to Foligno, not the other way around- it's on the screen. Foligno said nothing about starting it himself in those quotes, so i don't know why you are including them as somehow proving your assertion. Knyzhov...seemed out to lunch about a lot of it. He was asked after the game what he thought about Foligno letting up on him, and he didn't even acknowledge that it happened.

This narrative that you are pushing that Foligno preyed on some inexperienced kid doesn't wash.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
The SJS board noticed the same thing that I did. Knyzhov initiated the fight. Followed Foligno after the whistle and gave him a cross check. He clearly came up to Foligno, not the other way around- it's on the screen. Foligno said nothing about starting it himself in those quotes, so i don't know why you are including them as somehow proving your assertion. Knyzhov...seemed out to lunch about a lot of it. He was asked after the game what he thought about Foligno letting up on him, and he didn't even acknowledge that it happened.

This narrative that you are pushing that Foligno preyed on some inexperienced kid doesn't wash.
So your words are wrong and instead of simply saying so you try to move the goalposts???

Foligno hit Knyazov with a hit he didn’t like and he engaged physically with Foligno. Foligno didn’t like Knyzhov’s stickwork and asked him to fight. If that’s trying to start a fight we might as well remove the instigator rule because, in your opinion, words don’t actually matter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad