Foley Interview Pre-game yesterday

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I've kind of gotten away from posting radio/podcasts lately (is that a good thing?) However, Brian Blessing (of Sabres Superfan fame) had a one hour interview with Foley yesterday. He's a lot more open than I'd have expected from him.

Definitely worth a listen:

Reactions: Nevada Jones

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I'm halfway through now, but I'll try to put together some key points as the day goes on.

Foley says that everything we're seeing from the team employees to the guys on the ice is there essentially on purpose. The scouts scouted for talent, selflessness and low ego for everyone that works for the organization from the ticket reps to the guys they drafted and picked up.

He hangs out with McPhee all the time, and is kind of involved (or at least apprised) to everything happening.

If he had the choice of losing $30 million or winning the cup, he'd go for the cup. The team will make money, though.

He restated that McPhee won't derail anything that's going on and that they will win a cup within six years.

Overall, a pretty insightful interview and worth the 45 minutes of your time to listen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nevada Jones

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad