Foley considering MLS team for Raiders stadium

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I think hopefully they all work together to make sure MLS lands in Vegas. The city has had some of the highest rated TV viewership for the league even without having a team. And an MLS (and possible MLB) team does not overlap the NHL season very much.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Hope Foley realize MLS much prefers bid with soccer specific stadium plan. Thats why Minnesota United is not owned by the Vikings and play at their stadium.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Hope they see that weather wise it would be better for the sport to be in the Raiders stadium.

The other group says they want a 25000 seat stadium with a roof downtown. I dont think the weather is an issue with either of these.

Though the Raiders Stadium could be good because it has two fields and one (hopefully both eventually) are natural grass and the stadium is indoors with the option to have it a bit outdoors. If they can work it out so 65000 doesn't feel cavernous or look bad when there is less than half that there it would be a good way to maximize value of the somewhat publically funded stadium.

mundyc3

May 17, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
The other group says they want a 25000 seat stadium with a roof downtown. I dont think the weather is an issue with either of these.

Though the Raiders Stadium could be good because it has two fields and one (hopefully both eventually) are natural grass and the stadium is indoors with the option to have it a bit outdoors. If they can work it out so 65000 doesn't feel cavernous or look bad when there is less than half that there it would be a good way to maximize value of the somewhat publically funded stadium.
I heard open air. Guess I was wrong.

calvegas04

Jun 23, 2016
Las Vegas
Think I would like it to be a soccer only stadium... can't stand watching games when you can still see the football hash marks on the field

calvegas04

Jun 23, 2016
Las Vegas
Bright side of Foley bringing in a team would be getting different jersey's than what the lights are currently wearing

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I've heard people throw around the name Club Vegas for a possible MLS team before and I think I like it.

Nightclubs, playing cards suit, football club, Club America reference, Vegas instead of Las Vegas (as VGK does) it fits the city and is a soccer purist name that isn't forced.

Hopefully the team colors would be similar to VGK if the team was granted.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Or here me out, once the Raiders stadium is built... they don't come here, MLS has the stadium for themselves until a better NFL team moves to Vegas :laugh:

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
Hard pass on the Cashman redevelopment option. It's a land grab for a hedge fund guy who wants to use most of the land for commercial property. In that area. Brilliant. The soccer stadium is a throw in as a way to curry favor with Mayor Goodman. who is more than happy to oversaturate this market with ML sports. Judging by the attendance dropoff of the Aces, I would be on board with the Foley plan. Repurpose the big stadium. Let that franchise lose money without sending tax dollars to some Boston carpetbagger!

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
Interesting dilemma for MLS. They are undoubtedly desire Foley as an owner of a potential team (young league needs every plus owner they can get), but he doesn't come with a soccer-only stadium. Think I'd go with Foley.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad