Post-Game Talk: Flynn in the SO? Habs lose 4-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
I actually think Gaston Therrien, for the first time in his life, had a good point there. It's not a conspiracy theory. If they want to sign Flash, there's not much point in tipping your hand. Perhaps another GM can swoop in and sign him too.

It's generally understood among GMs that you don't sign a player on a PTO with another team, at least not until they get released from it. Kind of a gentleman's agreement.

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
This is why I hated the Fucale pick the most. Goalies are available for free every year that have just as much chance to be good. Condon is one of many examples. The McNiven signing hopefully shows Habs heading towards that route.

Yes, that's why you don't use high picks to draft a goalie, I mean, look how terrible a pick Price was...

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Condon definitely looks more calm and confident in between the pipes than Tokarski, but I think management would rather he play a lot of games in the AHL rather than being limited to 12-16 behind Price this season. Next season, I'd expect Condon to be our backup.

I didn't watch overtime, but for some reason, I'm surprised a 3-on-3 OT made it to the shootout when... you know... Ovechkin.

Nynja*

It's generally understood among GMs that you don't sign a player on a PTO with another team, at least not until they get released from it. Kind of a gentleman's agreement.

Is that the same gentleman's agreement that saw Beauchemin get picked up off waivers when he was sent down for the lockout season so he could play instead of sit at home twiddling his thumbs?

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Both Galchenyulk and Beaulieu look awesome, Semin looks very good and Eller looks top shape..

Tinordi looks bad, I doubt he makes the team and doubt he gets claimed on waiver.. Andrighetto doesnt look like a future NHLer.. Crisp looks out of place..

Fleishchmann is the best tryout Ive ever seen at a Habs camp..

Lernout is our most underrated prospect..

I highly doubt tinordi goes through waivers without a single claim. Yes, he's struggling with the puck, but he's still a big d-man that can move, and young enough that he has intriguing upside. Besides all that, 1st rounders typically get multiple chances (with multiple teams) to try and make a career in the nhl. Tinordi still has those in the bank.

I thought Tinordi was better in this game, but he needs to make better plays with the puck. Without it, he seemed okay.

NewHabsEra*

I highly doubt tinordi goes through waivers without a single claim. Yes, he's struggling with the puck, but he's still a big d-man that can move, and young enough that he has intriguing upside. Besides all that, 1st rounders typically get multiple chances (with multiple teams) to try and make a career in the nhl. Tinordi still has those in the bank.

I thought Tinordi was better in this game, but he needs to make better plays with the puck. Without it, he seemed okay.

Yep, you are right, will probably get claimed by a rebuilding team..

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Has the PP changed at all? Looks the same to me.

There were alot of abbreviated PPs tonight, but I saw some good things on the full man advantages. Having the presence of Semin's right handed shot at the left half wall was refreshing. Desharnais cashed in on a down low play, which the habs were terrible at last season. We still dont have a great idea about whether semin's shot still needs respecting, but that would make a huge difference. In that case, subban doesnt need to force his shots as much.

Nynja*

We still dont have a great idea about whether semin's shot still needs respecting

double edged sword
Right now, other teams may not respect Semin's shot, so it could leave him with less coverage when he would normally get.

Carey The Habs

Sep 18, 2015
Yeah, picking him at 5th was a little out of left field. Rask and Price were both held in high regard (if memory serves), but one went early in the first round, and the other went late.

If memory serves me right it was down to Price Brule and Kopitar. Thankfully we didn't take Brule lol

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It was between Price and Kopitar as I recall it.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I must not be the only one who think MT looked like he wanted the W big time...

I mean, 5+ min of PP for Subban/Markov, almost 4 for Semin/Eller/Galchenyuk, over 4 min of PK for Subban/Markov, always DD or Galch line as first PP wave...

and yeah Michel, crazy how good a 3rd line looks when given some OZ starts and PP time huh ? :naughty:

Soltantgris

May 31, 2010

Not sure. My understanding is a PTO is a contract between team and player. Give the option to sign the player for XXX$ before XXX date. So basically, Habs have Fleischmann rights until they release him.

Gabe84

Bring back Bonk!
Feb 13, 2007
Montreal, QC
I must not be the only one who think MT looked like he wanted the W big time...

I mean, 5+ min of PP for Subban/Markov, almost 4 for Semin/Eller/Galchenyuk, over 4 min of PK for Subban/Markov, always DD or Galch line as first PP wave...

and yeah Michel, crazy how good a 3rd line looks when given some OZ starts and PP time huh ? :naughty:

They have a new PP coach... guessing they wanna try out new strats, get the players used to the new coach...

It would make a lot of sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad