Confirmed with Link: Flyers trade Wade Allison to Nashville for Denis Gurianov

Grade this if you want I guess

• Total voters

zizbuka

Apr 4, 2017
I thought it would be really difficult, but it's getting easier to root for the Flyers to lose regularly. I know it's the right thing to do.........

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
I was never convinced Allison was, either. :laugh:
Boy our 2nd round in 2016 sure as hell fell apart. At one point it looked very promising....
  • LaBerge - was progressing until sledgehammered in the noggin
  • Allison - looked real good his first year at WM and then the first of what would be many injuries
  • Hart - well we do not have to go there
Add in our first, Rubtsov. Just a wasted draft which the Flyer have had far too many

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Boy our 2nd round in 2016 sure as hell fell apart. At one point it looked very promising....
  • Allison - looked real good his first year at WM and then the first of what would be many injuries
Add in our first, Rubtsov. Just a wasted draft which the Flyer have had far too many
I remember the discourse around those picks so clearly, too. Really makes me feel old.

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
Shocked Brink isn’t getting first line minutes. Didn’t Flahr make that trade? This place is funny. So now we love a Flahr pick!

I actually like Brink.

More games from here: Brink or Gurianov?
Brink obviously! It’s a Fletcher/Flahr pick. And as we know they still run the franchise.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I like this trade a lot the more I think of it. He's already got a 20-goal season under his belt and maybe he rebounds. He's still just 26 and not that he's a superstar or anything or ever will be, but Allison wasn't showing anything at the AHL level let alone the NHL level.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Missed this trade. Think Torts will give him some icetime? Seems like he has some talent

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Missed this trade. Think Torts will give him some icetime? Seems like he has some talent
It seems like they intend to give him a chance. He is big, too, but I don’t know if he uses his size to be a role player like that.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I liked Allison and would like if he played with the Flyers but they do have a few of his type now. This seems like a good move for what we need. I believe he is fast at least? The last time I heard about him he was an up and coming prospect so I’m not up to date at all.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It seems like Jonesy liked how he played in the bubble and they’ve been impressed with how he’s played and reacted in Milwaukee, and taking a no-risk shot at helping the power play for a guy who they decided was finished here. Or, he decided he was finished with them.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

BlackandOrange

Jul 12, 2018
Breadalbane, PE
B ranking for me. Two guys who needed change of scenery, neither with big contracts. Low risk, lower durability players. No unnecessary picks thrown into the trade. I'd rather take the guy above a point per game in the AHL than Allison. DG has also cracked over half a point per game in the NHL before. Unless he absolutely shines I don't think either figure into either team's medium or long term plans.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
It’s a no risk trade really. Maybe a change of scenerie does it… or maybe not. It was a draft pick but a player they saw no future in.

I’m ok giving him a few games

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
I feel sad about Allison. When he was healthy he played a good game. Unfortunately…. However he had his chances. Other guys outplayed him so he’s gone.
Gurianov should get his tune up in LV not Philly. Lycksell is getting the shaft here. I don’t see the need for EJ either. Ginning, Attard and Zamula should be playing ahead of him. Desnoyers should be up in Philly playing ahead of Atkinson and/or Deslauriers. Using the young guys builds for the future. As for playing them and missing the POs, I doubt that the difference between them and the vets is enough to make much difference.

Reactions: Larry44

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
When you criticize hextall
your start with o'brien over miller
and that 2016 debacble of picks

tage thompson would look just a tad better than Rubesov.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I feel sad about Allison. When he was healthy he played a good game. Unfortunately…. However he had his chances. Other guys outplayed him so he’s gone.
Gurianov should get his tune up in LV not Philly. Lycksell is getting the shaft here. I don’t see the need for EJ either. Ginning, Attard and Zamula should be playing ahead of him. Desnoyers should be up in Philly playing ahead of Atkinson and/or Deslauriers. Using the young guys builds for the future. As for playing them and missing the POs, I doubt that the difference between them and the vets is enough to make much difference.
Can’t be sent down unless you were on the roster at the deadline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad