Confirmed with Link: Flyers trade Robert Hagg, 1st (2021), and 2nd (2023) to Sabres for Rasmus Ristolainen

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I mean, you can say all you want about the goaltending, but the Flyers lost a lot of games last season that better goaltending wouldn't have helped.

The Flyers were 15th in goals scored this season, not exactly stellar. Even with competent goaltending they were a mediocre at best team. Hell, the last 43 games of the season the Flyers scored more than 3 goals just 10 times, and 3 or less goals 33 times. Down the stretch the Flyers scoring evaporated.

There was a good chance this team missed the playoffs even with average goaltending. "Bad goaltending" doesn't fully explain losing games 9-0.

Edit: does anyone know a site where I can check things like all teams GF in a season since a certain date? I'd like to see where the Flyers ranked after their week long layoff last season.

Go to Natural Stat Trick. Click Teams at the top of the page:
Team Season Totals - Natural Stat Trick
Then go to "More Filters", punch in the dates you want
2/18 rangers was first game after COVID break
2/21 was Lake Tahoe
2/24 is first game after Lake Tahoe
5/10 was last game

Then on top choose, "all situations," "Even Strength" etc
You can choose counts, or rates (per 60 minutes)
Even strength:
Flyers were 20th in goals per 60 after Lake Tahoe. 17th in xGF/60. But 11th in xGA/60.
PP
16th in GF/60, 13th in xGF/60.
PK
30th in GA/60, 16th in xGA/60.

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
The reason Risto isn't invited for the Olympics roster is because after him winning Gold in the WJC's 2014 he never accepted coming to the WC's to suit up for team Finland after years of them asking, the Finnish coach is making an example of Risto to the other Finnish NHL'rs.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

TomppaKoo

Jan 27, 2021
The reason Risto isn't invited for the Olympics roster is because after him winning Gold in the WJC's 2014 he never accepted coming to the WC's to suit up for team Finland after years of them asking, the Finnish coach is making an example of Risto to the other Finnish NHL'rs.
Him being an a-hole as a person might have had some influence in the decision, too. Finland have a number of GREAT young defensemen at the moment to choose from. If there is a one with an attitude issue - just drop him.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
I dunno, with the moves Chuck made I feel the Flyers are closer to bottoming out than they are to mediocrity:

• Giroux another year older
  • Jones is the 1B for Hart,
  • Ristolainen in the top 4
  • Thompson in the lineup over Frost
  • Yandle over York or Zamula
  • Sanheim angling for a 2 year contract then being UFA
  • Betting that Hart will rebound
  • Betting that Provorov will rebound
  • Betting that Konecny will rebound
  • Betting that Hayes will rebound
  • Still having all these terrible coaches around
  • The prospect cupboard being bare after like 4 or 5 players
  • Hoping Farabee keeps his unsustainable production from last year
  • Hoping Couts doesn't ask for too much on next contract
  • Hoping Giroux doesn't ask for too much on next contract
  • The inevitable Risto extension that is coming

There are a lot of reasons that this could be a lottery team in the next few years, and I for one welcome it. This team needs a tear down rebuild like no other.

Where was the team even improved this offseason, Ellis? Is there literally any other improvement the team has made to the roster?
Oh sure, bring the facts into it. But what about Atkinson and Yandle being a lot more fun in the room, and best buddies of Hayes? Certainly those crazy pranksters are going to be worth an extra 5 or 6 wins, just on their frivolity alone?

Oct 26, 2018
somewhere
www.facebook.com
The fans confidence level in this team is between no expectations to total disaster before season start.

You know what. I'm perfectly fine with it.

It's a season where players gotta prove to themselves they can be a playoffs team and contenders.

More of an constant evaluation from past works, drafts, signatures and what do to next next year with all this.

Reactions: dats81

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
The fans confidence level in this team is between no expectations to total disaster before season start.

You know what. I'm perfectly fine with it.

It's a season where players gotta prove to themselves they can be a playoffs team and contenders.

More of an constant evaluation from past works, drafts, signatures and what do to next next year with all this.
You cant evaluate things you dont use. We dont use young players so we dont know shit about them. The years we should test them are long gone....

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Oh sure, bring the facts into it. But what about Atkinson and Yandle being a lot more fun in the room, and best buddies of Hayes? Certainly those crazy pranksters are going to be worth an extra 5 or 6 wins, just on their frivolity alone?
People pretend like team chemistry isn't important or doesn't amount to anything. If there were problems in the locker room that absolutely can cost the team games and if the team is clicking on all cylinders it absolutely can win the team games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad