Flyers to fire Dave Hakstol (UPD Per Dreger: No decision has been made on Hakstol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018
Q will be a great fit there. Gotta wonder if any Hawks end up in Philly following Q. For example Crawford would be a fit

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
How much of that would you attribute to Qs coaching on how much on the roster of 2010 compared to now? Genuine question because on paper I could see why the Blackhawks struggle more now.

Oh, it's not entirely on Q, obviously.

But the fact that players he deemed unfit for ice time went on to play top4 minutes for cup winners the last THREE years in a row is damning.

If he's willing to adapt, he'll do great things for Philly. If he's not, he'll just have entered the Hitchcock phase of his career, where he bounces around from job to job, trying to recapture glory in a league where the tactics he made his hay with no longer apply.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

smokingwriter

Apr 21, 2018
Quenneville will do a good job in Philly.

I expect a belated turnaround, though Hakstol should have been canned some time ago.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

Extremely premature reporting.

I don't doubt that Coach Q is PHI's target, but to say it's been agreed to, or set to happen, is extremely premature. Apparently there hasn't been any communication per Dreger.

Fletcher could call Coach Q tomorrow and Q might say no.

Evanc23

Nov 20, 2018
Best move the Flyers have made in years. Wouldn't be surprised to see them in the playoffs instead of the Blue Jackets at the end of the year.

flyersfan018

Mar 2, 2011
NJ
eaf.gif

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
Pretty much this.

That being said Q might be helpfull with a turnaround for the Flyers who have some good pieces and seem to be underperforming.

The only problem is that Q can't play in net.

Will they promote Carter Hart?

Carter Hart is 20 yrs old.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
They're denying this now because Quenneville doesn't want to be officially hired until after Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad