Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
They'll still sellout regardless. Doesn't make it any less slimy.

How would Flyers fans feel if they implented this policy?

https://www.google.ca/amp/montrealg...et-charges-have-canadiens-fans-seeing-red/amp

I just came on here to post this:

I have to say that at least the Flyers have asked the Fans at the Town Meetings and have at least to this point listened.

With the Canadiens new policy it IS a cash grab... They have been eating the cost until now, so by passing it on, it is basically an increase of that amount goint to THEM... And I seriously doubt that they pay that much to print them; it's just a way to make the STMs accept the new method which would again, give the Organization a profit bump... They also charge a high Fee... The Flyers charge a much more reasonable Fee.

At least the Flyers are giving us an option... and a cheaper one... and allows us with it to personalize them. This raises the question how the Flyers can do it for much less and still customize each ticket... where the Habs charge more and will not personalize them, and force their STMs to take it or pay... no option to keep it the same at no additional cost.

That said... it is only a matter of time... and as one Team leads, the rest will follow to some extent... on this and everything else that will boost their Revenue.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
How loud is the Wells Fargo Centre compared to the Spectrum? It seems high ticket prices average out the blue collar folks in all sports.

Never experienced the Spectrum, but I'd venture to say not even close even at it's loudest.

However, the place is rocking during playoff games but it's rather quiet during the Regular Season.

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
Never experienced the Spectrum, but I'd venture to say not even close even at it's loudest.

However, the place is rocking during playoff games but it's rather quiet during the Regular Season.

I've been to 5 stadiums and the loudest one I was at is Tampa and it wasn't even that loud. Felt like fans are afraid to cheer/jeer. I was losing my mind the whole time, as that's what I do, getting looks left, right and centre...... maybe I don't know how to fan. LOL

If I was to go to Philly you'd hear me and I'd be doing my best to get everyone going!

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC

As a long time sth(father was in 1967) have been to a couple hundred games(at least) at each. The WFC is a morgue compared to the Spectrum. Maybe it was less than optimal construction but when they would say the Spectrum was rocking, it was literally shaking. I remember the 87 cup run and I still get goosebumps remembering JJD's goal in game six where I thought the roof was going to collapse the building was shaking so hard. It was really really intense. I'm sure anyone who was at that game will vividly remember it forever.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
As a long time sth(father was in 1967) have been to a couple hundred games(at least) at each. The WFC is a morgue compared to the Spectrum. Maybe it was less than optimal construction but when they would say the Spectrum was rocking, it was literally shaking. I remember the 87 cup run and I still get goosebumps remembering JJD's goal in game six where I thought the roof was going to collapse the building was shaking so hard. It was really really intense. I'm sure anyone who was at that game will vividly remember it forever.

Seems as if the days of rowdy, loud, blue collar fans are all but over. Nashville seems to be the one exception to the rule. That arena sounded like a college atmosphere.

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
Anyone have info on the best way to buy tix for the flyers preseason game in Allentown other than thru the phantoms website?

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
I'll never buy another ticket as long as that stupid as **** woo thing is going on

just imagine if the team drafts Jett Woo next year :(

I would rather sit next to a crying baby than a mid 20s bro wooing all game long. thankfully last year it seemed to die out towards the end of the season. the woo chant was the worst thing to happen in flyers history...

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
just imagine if the team drafts Jett Woo next year :(

I would rather sit next to a crying baby than a mid 20s bro wooing all game long. thankfully last year it seemed to die out towards the end of the season. the woo chant was the worst thing to happen in flyers history...

I also detest the Woo... and sadly it seems to be spreading across the Country... I've heard it at other cities' baseball games... and at CBP after the long delay Monday, late in Game, the Wooing was so prolific the announcing crew were actually discussing it and talking its origin... something that, like showing people who run across the field during game, is rarely done.

I fear the Woo will be with us... and the more attention it gets the idiots, the more they will Woo. SMH

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I love the woo. Love it. But it needs to be limited to certain scenarios. Goals are not the right time, too noisy. After a won fight I could see it fitting perfectly.
It has a place, the noise carries very well, it just needs to find a home

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Going with Habs friend to game next season. Upper level. How safe is my friend from any issues? He will likely wear jersey. Stand up and start dancing whenever Habs score.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Going with Habs friend to game next season. Upper level. How safe is my friend from any issues? He will likely wear jersey. Stand up and start dancing whenever Habs score.

He'll be fine as long as he's not being an ass.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I'd wager 99% of the trash talk he gets sent his way is just that, trash talk. Don't take any of it to heart and don't get heated and he will be alright.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009

Maybe he will luck out and it will be a T-shirt giveaway game... so it can put his on when leaving the Arena like so many opposing fans do... in fear. ;)

Seriously, he should be fine as long as he takes things in stride... and doesn't incite anything beyond the normal trash talking good nature clap.

My son and I chanted 'Let's Go Flyers' up on Montreal... and lived to talk about it. Haha

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
Heading down to philly for an eagles/flyers in Nov. Just wondering how much are the cheapest seats generally for a saturday game (Avs) from the team and also what i should expect to pay via stubhub. Thx!

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Heading down to philly for an eagles/flyers in Nov. Just wondering how much are the cheapest seats generally for a saturday game (Avs) from the team and also what i should expect to pay via stubhub. Thx!

Saturday games are normally pretty pricy as opposed to other games but with it being the Avs it may be a little cheaper.

You can likely get in for $50ish a ticket or less with fees.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Wished I got the cards again. And that they did a better job of letting me know what was going on with it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad