Flyers' Tickets: Questions and Exchanges (2019-20...and now 2021...but now actually 21/22 but for real 22/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevynadams42

May 2, 2010
Question for Season Ticket Holders - is there a way for you to transfer your tickets? Or only text/email PDFs?

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
Which is the best lot for getting to 95 north postgame?

I don’t usually park at the games, but I would think the broad street lot. You should be able to get out and make a left and then another left onto 95N... somebody feel free to correct me if they do something funny with traffic that I’m unaware of...

Nash Money

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2012
Is anyone looking to sell their tickets for 12/23? Alternatively, does anyone have advice for where to get good deals other than stubhub? A friend from Philly is looking to take his brother-in-law to his first NHL game while visiting for the holidays. The Rangers board is full of people trying to offload their tickets, so surprised there aren't more similar posts here.

Reactions: TheKingPin

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
There needs to be a consensus place where people can be invited to sell tickets and have no fees on either side. I’m sure there is some way of ensuring protection of both sides with software. Stubhub takes way too much on both sides for doing very little.

Reactions: phillydownsouth

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
There needs to be a consensus place where people can be invited to sell tickets and have no fees on either side. I’m sure there is some way of ensuring protection of both sides with software. Stubhub takes way too much on both sides for doing very little.
Someone will always look to make a cut for providing the service.

There’s Facebook groups but for the most part they’re all looking for steals.

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
Is anyone looking to sell their tickets for 12/23? Alternatively, does anyone have advice for where to get good deals other than stubhub? A friend from Philly is looking to take his brother-in-law to his first NHL game while visiting for the holidays. The Rangers board is full of people trying to offload their tickets, so surprised there aren't more similar posts here.

I’m actually going to be out of town for that game so I’d be up for selling my season tix (section 215, row 2).

Send me a private message if you’re interested.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Rangers board has more people. Although the game before Christmas is one I’m usually at, got a friend who comes home for Christmas and as long as it’s on the 22nd or 23rd he makes it.

Never having games during the holidays always hurts though.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
Season ticket holders who sell some of your games, how have you found ticket prices this year? My brother and I are thinking of going to a game this week, and I'm very surprised to see how cheap tickets for both games are compared to how well the team is doing.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Season ticket holders who sell some of your games, how have you found ticket prices this year? My brother and I are thinking of going to a game this week, and I'm very surprised to see how cheap tickets for both games are compared to how well the team is doing.

giphy.webp

I'll give a more detailed response later lol.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

So the Flyers introduced "Variable Pricing" this year for Season Ticket Holders along with individual games. For the most part the Variable Pricing doesn't really effect Season Ticket Holders as everyone knows that a game against the Penguins is worth more than a game against the Senators, but it opens up two different types of accounting with whether you want to go with /41 games pricing or by the variable pricing.

I have a pair of the most expensive tickets in the stadium, which are Ice Row. They range based on the Variable Pricing from $476 to $1,1017 for the pair per game. There have been four Tier 5 games (lowest), six Tier 3 games, one Tier 2 game, and one Tier 1 game up to this point. After December there are no more Tier 5 games, which typically lines up with the idea that Flyers tickets start selling for more after the Holidays when games start to "matter more," which hopefully that will be the case. I have sold 7 games so far this season (some for future games) and at the moment am taking a $963 total loss if I use the /41 games price and a $790 loss with the tiered pricing. Out of that $790, $592 of it comes from the game on Friday against the Red Wings where I sold my tickets for $425 when they were priced at $1,017 by the Flyers. That number has been aided by the large number of "less expensive" and will likely skyrocket in the 2nd half.

I have only been able to sell one game for a /41 profit at this point in the season and that's because someone felt the need to buy a pair for a game in January back in October. I have basically every game up on StubHub priced pretty fairly but am not going to see a profit for basically any games. Just trying to survive.

StubHub taking their cut is what really makes the whole thing tough though. If I was able to find buyers outside of StubHub i'd be making out a good bit better but that's pretty much my only option as no one is looking to spend that kind of cash in Facebook groups or Craigslist.

Three out of the next four home games are a Tier 5 game so they're the cheapest of the bunch so that probably plays a role in the cheap pricing you see.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I was surprised seats were not selling well at this point. They sold very well off the bat and then slowed a lot after the first losing streak early on. I certainly will do better than last year, but it seems unlikely I make a profit on any one game which hurts when you take a huge hit on the ottawa Tuesday night type game. I think a deep playoff run will make up for the immediate costs and people wanting to actually go to games. I think if they didn’t just up the prices STH would all be doing better.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I was surprised seats were not selling well at this point. They sold very well off the bat and then slowed a lot after the first losing streak early on. I certainly will do better than last year, but it seems unlikely I make a profit on any one game which hurts when you take a huge hit on the ottawa Tuesday night type game. I think a deep playoff run will make up for the immediate costs and people wanting to actually go to games. I think if they didn’t just up the prices STH would all be doing better.

I was thinking about the price hike the other day as I waited for my Black Friday tickets to sell. I think that Ice Row seats were $225 face value last season or at least around that but that didn't include the Center City Club access. I'd be doing quite well if they were still $450 for the pair as they were last year.

Especially because I'm not even sure people on StubHub know that you have access to that club so it's not really a selling point.

It does seem that tickets aren't hitting rock bottom in terms of pricing day of games as we've seen in years past. Have you noticed if the Revolutionary Row is messing with prices?

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
I was thinking about the price hike the other day as I waited for my Black Friday tickets to sell. I think that Ice Row seats were $225 face value last season or at least around that but that didn't include the Center City Club access. I'd be doing quite well if they were still $450 for the pair as they were last year.

Especially because I'm not even sure people on StubHub know that you have access to that club so it's not really a selling point.

It does seem that tickets aren't hitting rock bottom in terms of pricing day of games as we've seen in years past. Have you noticed if the Revolutionary Row is messing with prices?

Funnily enough...those are going for above the $25 that they sell for on the Flyers website...they're generally in the high $30s, low $40s (before fees) from what I've seen.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA

I wouldn’t think the same people are going for our type seats and the RR tickets but I think it does effect the sales of certain games. I certainly would rather they didn’t exist.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Following up on this here. I was at Black Friday, but last night definitely hit a low. I just donated what I sold them for so I could get a write-off. I expect that to happen sometimes, the Tuesday games are the worst.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Following up on this here. I was at Black Friday, but last night definitely hit a low. I just donated what I sold them for so I could get a write-off. I expect that to happen sometimes, the Tuesday games are the worst.

Yep, I think I saw the attendance was like 15,811 or something. Embarrassing.

Do you know if the Flyers have a program where you can donate the tickets to? I thought I heard about one but haven’t seen it anywhere.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Yep, I think I saw the attendance was like 15,811 or something. Embarrassing.

Do you know if the Flyers have a program where you can donate the tickets to? I thought I heard about one but haven’t seen it anywhere.

StubHub does, you can just select to donate to a charity instead of crediting your account or credit card and you're posting a listing. You have to pre-select a charity, they only give you a few to choose from. I pick the American Human Society.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
StubHub does, you can just select to donate to a charity instead of crediting your account or credit card and you're posting a listing. You have to pre-select a charity, they only give you a few to choose from. I pick the American Human Society.

Interesting. Might have to take advantage of that.

I'm sitting at a ~18% per game (including fees being taken out) after being at 11% last year and 14% the previous year.

Really just wish there was a way to sell tickets out there without StubHub taking their cut but it's a necessary evil.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA

That’s very cool. How does that work as far as writing off and saving money there vs pocketing the sale of the tickets.

With the flyers doing so well and the eagles not I wonder if this franchise took a major blow last few years. It’s that or the ticket jump. Anyone know if sixers games are selling out with the same price jump?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That’s very cool. How does that work as far as writing off and saving money there vs pocketing the sale of the tickets.

With the flyers doing so well and the eagles not I wonder if this franchise took a major blow last few years. It’s that or the ticket jump. Anyone know if sixers games are selling out with the same price jump?
This is the first time I ever tried it, but they’re supposed to send me a receipt as it’s now the end of the year

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

Sixers have the highest attendance in the entire NBA.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Lol so they broke the fan base. Going to need a strong playoffs for that to get better.
They just got good. Same anyone else ever does. It wasn't that long ago they were selling tickets for pennies.

A younger generation just isn't going to have the patience for a lesser product, especially when you've got people older than them telling you how the team is actually worse because high-end players like Giroux are actually bad, or stuff like 'hockey is a team game not built on star players.'

The Flyers also don't have a top-tier out-front star player like a Lindros or a personality like the Sixers have in Embiid.

And I think they know that, and is why I think they are low-key holding tight on their high-ceilinged prospects because they are anticipating McDavid requesting a trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad