Flyers' Tickets: Questions and Exchanges (2019-20...and now 2021...but now actually 21/22 but for real 22/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They let me look into other seating options today... in the past they would always say "try your luck at select-a-seat."

They're hurting.
They don’t seem to try very hard. I heard from a rep (that I never answered) throughout October, but nothing since. I mean nothing. And he said he would stop since I never answered, but I figured I’d hear again by now.

BSH talked about it some time ago, they know it’s a problem but have no idea how to fix it. Their STH base is literally dying off. The demographic they need do not have tens of thousands of dollars to spend. And the cost of their product has doubled in the last 15 years without similar results, even though they haven’t raised prices hardly at all during the Fletcher years.

All the Pride Night stuff also proved to everyone that try as they may, their house is still not in order. How many years later now. They do not have the trust of their market, and without that you’re already dead.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
They don’t seem to try very hard. I heard from a rep (that I never answered) throughout October, but nothing since. I mean nothing. And he said he would stop since I never answered, but I figured I’d hear again by now.

BSH talked about it some time ago, they know it’s a problem but have no idea how to fix it. Their STH base is literally dying off. The demographic they need do not have tens of thousands of dollars to spend. And the cost of their product has doubled in the last 15 years without similar results, even though they haven’t raised prices hardly at all during the Fletcher years.

All the Pride Night stuff also proved to everyone that try as they may, their house is still not in order. How many years later now. They do not have the trust of their market, and without that you’re already dead.
They did a pretty big overhaul of the pricing structure and changed the grouping of sections at price levels for next year.

Lots of sections are a good bit cheaper.

Next Year:
Screen Shot 2023-02-09 at 8.29.57 PM.png

This Year:
unnamed (4).jpg

Reactions: GKJ

flyers0909

Nothing Matters
Jul 10, 2007
I hate that I'm asking this question, but I have a few friends coming in to town next weekend for the Sabres-Flyers game. Is it best to just wait til the day of for tickets? I seem to remember always kicking myself for not buying day of as the prices come down.

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
Watching Phantoms on NHL Network, 2 minutes in already behind, again. God awful coach

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
I hope not for Sths at least, but entire sounds like it. I obviously pay no attention to their resell market. I would rather give my seats away than list them for a fraction of cost. Do you have a source to read?

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I hope not for Sths at least, but entire sounds like it. I obviously pay no attention to their resell market. I would rather give my seats away than list them for a fraction of cost. Do you have a source to read?
Having to list your tickets for resale on the same platform that the organization is selling their tickets to the public when they never sell out is going to be interesting.

It’s probably going to be very bad for STH’s trying to resell since while single game tickets from the organization are priced higher than full STH prices the organization won’t have to care about fees taken out.
F4D2E209-FCFD-46A5-9BC6-415397DCA9A8.jpeg

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
Interesting, I just read an email from the Philly Wings about it, but nothing from the Flyers yet. Not happy, a deal with Satan.

WeatherBeaten

Mar 4, 2019
Having to list your tickets for resale on the same platform that the organization is selling their tickets to the public when they never sell out is going to be interesting.

It’s probably going to be very bad for STH’s trying to resell since while single game tickets from the organization are priced higher than full STH prices the organization won’t have to care about fees taken out.
View attachment 726779I don’t think you’ll have to list tickets on Ticketmaster. The Sixers had Ticketmaster as their official partner last year and you could still re-sell on any platform. It’s just easier to do it on Ticketmaster since they are linked. Once you hit the sell button all the information is already there and you just fill in the price you want to charge.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Flyers are like, Our team sucks, we need to sell more tickets, you know what would make our fans happy? Partnering with Ticketmaster. That's a real winner for us moving forward.

FromOyVey2Matvei

Jul 15, 2023
Philadelphia
Flyers are like, Our team sucks, we need to sell more tickets, you know what would make our fans happy? Partnering with Ticketmaster. That's a real winner for us moving forward.
Ticketmaster is definitely the "evil empire" and what they've done to concert tickets is appalling and bordering on illegal IMO.

When it comes to sports though, they actually do a really good job of making selling / transferring tickets seamless and easy. And depending on how the flyers go about implementing it, it could be a plus for Season Ticket Holders. Penn State uses TM as an example, and they allow season ticket holders to sell tickets for zero fees and up until this year, they didn't dynamically price tickets to compete against season ticket holders. Technology always works, never had an issue with a sale or transfer not going through (have had these issues plenty with stubhub). Pretty good experience.

Now, if the Flyers go the Sixers route and start competing against their season ticket holders in a race to the bottom for pricing of low-demand games, then that's a different story entirely.

@WeatherBeaten

You don’t have to sell on Ticketmaster but it’ll be the path of least resistance especially with the likely dynamic barcode.
Rep trying to sell me club tickets told me that have tickets printed / PDF'd will still be an option.

im542

Sep 12, 2013
Ticketmaster is definitely the "evil empire" and what they've done to concert tickets is appalling and bordering on illegal IMO.

When it comes to sports though, they actually do a really good job of making selling / transferring tickets seamless and easy. And depending on how the flyers go about implementing it, it could be a plus for Season Ticket Holders. Penn State uses TM as an example, and they allow season ticket holders to sell tickets for zero fees and up until this year, they didn't dynamically price tickets to compete against season ticket holders. Technology always works, never had an issue with a sale or transfer not going through (have had these issues plenty with stubhub). Pretty good experience.

Now, if the Flyers go the Sixers route and start competing against their season ticket holders in a race to the bottom for pricing of low-demand games, then that's a different story entirely.

Rep trying to sell me club tickets told me that have tickets printed / PDF'd will still be an option.
My club level rep told me the same thing. She will give me a direct link to download/print my tickets in .pdf form just like always.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad