Confirmed with Link: Flyers signed Zack Stortini

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
AHL PIM leader is signed by Flyers

Philadelphia Flyers ‏@NHLFlyers 41s
The #Flyers have agreed to terms with F Zack Stortini on a one-year, two-way contract. Read more: http://******/yIPYn

Did Holmgren get into Hextall's office?

Protection for the kids. Don't mind this. But I wish they would have just demoted Rosehill instead.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
The AHL has some crazies down there. This is not a bad idea to hire some protection for the talent we're finally sending there.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
I love how, now that Hextall is in charge, everyone's convincing themselves these signings are so much better than Holmgren's under the pretense argument of being strictly "AHL"-related :laugh:

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
I love how, now that Hextall is in charge, everyone's convincing themselves these signings are so much better than Holmgren's and how they're strictly "AHL"-related :laugh:

Are you implying that a guy who hasn't played an NHL game in over three years isn't anything but an AHL body?

For the record, I agree Holmgren would have been dragged over the coals for making some of the moves Hexy has made (eg, Emery), but this is not one of them at all.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I love how, now that Hextall is in charge, everyone's convincing themselves these signings are so much better than Holmgren's under the pretense argument of being strictly "AHL"-related :laugh:

The AHL is where our prospects are developed. Having them on a horrible team doesn't help their development. It's good to have moves that improve our farm team, which Homer neglected for years.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Yes, I fear he's the next Jody Shelley without Shelley's charm. He's also not the greatest fighter, from what I recall.

Well, that's not a rational fear. Stortini will see zero NHL ice time, I can pretty much guarantee that.

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
Wait. Why sign him when Mathers is already on the farm team. This guy is a punching bag.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

That's because Holmgren never signed players with the intention of helping the Phantoms.

All these hacks who don't stick in the NHL, end up in the AHL where they fight each other. For that purpose, it's perfectly fine. But by the same token, there doesn't need to be a backup plan for if Rosehill or Rinaldo get hurt, given that both of them should be in the AHL regardless.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík

Mostly because Hextall is signing guys for the AHL that homer would have signed to 1-way deals for 1.5mil...

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
That's because Holmgren never signed players with the intention of helping the Phantoms.
Yeah, that was my point. People have no knowledge of either one's intentions, yet Hextall's are construed in a positive light and Holmgren's in a negative one. Not by everyone, of course, I was just generalizing a bit.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
The use of a contract spot is probably the most useless thing to complain about too. We have 42 contracts now and he is signed for one year. We don't think he is useful here either trade him or he goes as a UFA. I don't think Hexy will get up to 50 contracts so adding a player won't be a difficult thing to do if we need to,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad