Confirmed with Link: Flyers Sign Tyrell Goulbourne to 3-year ELC

Willis88

Oct 5, 2011
Philadelphia
The Philadelphia Flyers have signed 6-0, 200 lb. LW Tyrell Goulbourne to a three-year entry-level contract, according to general manager Ron Hextall.

Goulbourne, 21 (1/26/1994), was a third-round selection of the Flyers (72nd overall) in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft. He is currently in his fifth season with the Kelowna Rockets of the Western Hockey League.

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=756399

Last edited by a moderator:

RJ8812*

I still think he's a huge waste of a draft pick, at least that early on, but it's good to see that he's having a good year in juniors

MadFerIt95*

Cue all of the "He was picked earlier than I would have liked so he is terrible" comments

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
As far as I can tell everyone thinks Goulbourne was picked too early, but has shown promise and deserves his ELC.

SgtJoseph*

Cue all of the "He was picked earlier than I would have liked so he is terrible" comments

Exactly ! I liked the signing , and hope the Lad continues in his growth, he is coming along nicely , good for him !

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Was at the Hitmen game in Kelowna Saturday and man did Sanheim have a game including an amazing shift on the winner. Tyrell had an awesome game also, but his skating is away better than I thought and he can sure penalty kill and get on the forecheck.

Last edited:

Calderone

old time hockey
Oct 18, 2008
Philly Metro Area
Very glad that we finally signed him!! We need more truculence, and he certainly brings that. I could see him being a smarter Rinaldo for us in two years (next year in LHV).

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Has a player ever won the Memorial Cup (or at least their Junior league playoffs) then gone to AHL and won the Calder Cup as well?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad