Confirmed with Link: Flyers sign JR Avon to a three-year, entry-level contract (Sep. 22, 2021)

DAVIDE1333

Dec 22, 2019
Hey.....my mother, brother and sister-in-law worked for Avon in Newark, DE until they closed it down. Real nice place to work...worked there one summer as a part timer. The packers were friends of my mother, and would tease the crap out of me. I did have a crush on one lady.......I did get the nerve to ask her out in a stammering way, but she laughed and said, "you are too young and way too inexperienced for me"......I blushed like hell.......and my mother chastised me ........psychologically damaged my ego......;-))

I have enough Skin So Soft to last the rest of my life.....
I think there is a masterbation joke there somewhere.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Does he hustle perfumes, soaps and cosmetics on the side?

There used to be several 70s Avon commercials, that were mostly themed as so:

Some fans repurposed it as a then running gag (some found it funny then, now … not so much). It went like this:

Ding dong!
- Who’s calling?
- Avon!
- Avon who?
- Avon Cournoyer.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Lol. The name Avon has nothing to do with the founding members of the company. It is just a trademark they made up.
The Heiress last I heard was having some prenup issues or something impacting the estate. Forget the founder's last name but yeah it wasn't Avon. I remember a Mary Kay saleswoman that came to our house and sold my mom stuff. She was smokin....but unlike Macleish I knew better not to ask her out at 13...

Reactions: PDX Flyer

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Scored a lot of goals with Larmer off of JR passes in NHL 94
How are you not rolling the Crazy 8s out there in NHL94??? Even with Rod the Bod on the bench (or second line if you do line changes which honestly no one ever did and if you said you played with line changes you are a liar). Tomy Soderstrom was a brick wall making up for the shit defense with Gary Galley and Dimitri Yuskevich.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
How are you not rolling the Crazy 8s out there in NHL94??? Even with Rod the Bod on the bench (or second line if you do line changes which honestly no one ever did and if you said you played with line changes you are a liar). Tomy Soderstrom was a brick wall making up for the shit defense with Gary Galley and Dimitri Yuskevich.

The Flyers aren't bad but my top 2 teams are actually the Canucks because of Bure and the Jets because of Selanne/Zhamnov/Housley.

Reactions: Embiid and SanBlom

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Scored a lot of goals with Larmer off of JR passes in NHL 94

It's not a popular opinion, but I think NHL 95 was a much better game. It was the first one where the players actually carried their sticks around normally when skating without the puck.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
It's not a popular opinion, but I think NHL 95 was a much better game. It was the first one where the players actually carried their sticks around normally when skating without the puck.

At the time I remember 95 blowing me away (I was 9 going on 10 years old) and enjoying it a lot more than 94. But through the lens of nostalgia there is just something about 94.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
The official ranking is as follows:

1. 94
2. 98
3. 95
4. Everything else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad