Confirmed with Link: Flyers sign goaltender Jason LaBarbera to a one year, 2-way deal

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
He was acceptable for ANA in limited appearances this season and was able to gut out some solid wins. He probably would have seen a lot more play time if injuries didn't force us to pick up Bryz. :shakehead

Should be a great guy for Allentown.

FLYERSG

Sep 27, 2014
Solid signing. I hope he doesn't play near as much as Zepp. Stolarz needs to play a lot this year.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
This trade was announced during a Flyers' game at Vancouver:

December 30, 2008: Traded to Vancouver by Los Angeles for Vancouver's 7th round choice (later traded to Atlanta - Atlanta selected Jordan Samuels-Thomas) in 2009 Entry Draft, December 30, 2008.

SchennSational1022*

LOLbarbera

In all seriousness great depth signing and should be good to compete with Stolarz

tymed

Jun 11, 2007
British Columbia
This trade was announced during a Flyers' game at Vancouver:

I was at this game. It's a great signing as Labarbera is experienced and is quite used to being in a mentor position at this point, which is what we want down on the farm as opposed to a Zepp who is trying to carve a path for himself still. He's a good teammate from everything I've heard. He's a classy guy and I've met his father a few times up near my hometown, very humble man. The right moves continue to be made.

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
Another good signing by hexy, hexy is earning his wages, with smart, lower $ signings, that's key to building a championship team. I did not realize labarbera was so big, 232 lbs, yikes.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I do kind of hate to see Zepp go: He seemed like a very intelligent, nice guy and he played well for the Phantoms. Hopefully, another NHL team picks him up.

However, I would feel more comfortable with Labarbera in net for the Flyers should Mason or Neuvirth go down for significant time.

And though Labarbera is 35 and no longer at his peak, his experience should be a boon for helping Stolarz.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Draft three goalies

Sign two goalies.

Man, makes me think our GM really likes goalies for some reason.

We still need people to... you know, score goals.

Seriously?

We had 2 goalies in our prospect pipeline. Drafting goalies was a REQUIREMENT.

The Flyers and Phantoms both need 2 goalies. They each had 1.

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
Seriously?

We had 2 goalies in our prospect pipeline. Drafting goalies was a REQUIREMENT.

The Flyers and Phantoms both need 2 goalies. They each had 1.
On top of that, the Phantoms will likely sign two goalies to place in Reading. Martin Ouellette and Connor Knapp are still unsigned, I believe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad