Confirmed with Link: Flyers sign goaltender Jason LaBarbera to a one year, 2-way deal

noho

May 19, 2015
cant get much better as a 3rd goalie

Draft three goalies

Sign two goalies.

Man, makes me think our GM really likes goalies for some reason.

We still need people to... you know, score goals.

kyuss

Wings make our ding-dings sing.
May 28, 2012
major upgrades to the back up goalies. several small moves in the right direction can make serious change.

OriginJM

matt stromes skating coach
Feb 4, 2010
Draft three goalies

Sign two goalies.

uh... what?

that doesn't make any sense.

those goalies are years away from stepping in.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Well we'll be screwed if he's actually playing NHL games anyway but I remember this guy being pretty terrible back in the day when he was in the NHL.

kyuss

Wings make our ding-dings sing.
May 28, 2012
yes. Goaltending depth was an organizational weakness just days ago. It's a strength for the next year at least.

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
Draft three goalies

Sign two goalies.

And our GM is a goalie, too. I totally trust him as far as evaluating goaltender's talent (draft picks). Neuvirth was a much needed back-up, and LaBarbera is a 2-ways contract. Nothing wrong with that. Depth signing.

TheTaekster

Feb 3, 2008
94.1 and 97.5
Solid move, although I liked having Zepp in the fold. This is reassuring, in that we likely won't see Stolarz fed to the wolves again this year. This is the best our goalie situation has looked top to bottom in my lifetime.

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
Was he in LA when Hextall was there?
Keep beat it for a mentor in the A to Stolarz and an emergency call up with NHL experience

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Career SV% of .907. That's not bad for a backup.

I see he was actually the Kings starter in 07-08.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8467391

He played 68 games of 187 total games in Phoenix. We all have seen first hand that stats can be misleading with that team (see Bryzgalov).

He should be a solid AHL goalie though & under most circumstances you're screwed if you need to go with your third goalie anyway.

noho

May 19, 2015
we've got plenty of guys who can score...

That's why we were in the bottom 1/3 in the league in goals scored...
Sure a lot more goes into it including time on offense when you have terrible defense, but don't tell me you think Schenn Read Umberger Lecavalier Couturier are going to lead the scoring charge this year. Please.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
That's why we were in the bottom 1/3 in the league in goals scored...
Sure a lot more goes into it including time on offense when you have terrible defense, but don't tell me you think Schenn Read Umberger Lecavalier Couturier are going to lead the scoring charge this year. Please.

Lead it? No, that's Giroux, Voracek and to a lesser extent Simmonds' job. The players you mentioned (minus Umberger and Vinny) should add nice complimentary scoring though. Schenn can realistically hit 20 goals again, as can Read and Raffl. Couturier will most likely be used a little differently which should open up a chance for more scoring from him too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad