Confirmed with Link: Flyers sign Derick Brassard 1yr $825k (August 2021)

rinaldo

Ignored Mmber
Apr 7, 2019
He's still a lot better than what we had in that role 3-4 year ago.
And better than having to hope Sushko or Rubtsov can step up, or Kase and Twarynski last season.
You forgot to mention the flyers never gave any those above a chance. Some may say ruined them.......

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
You forgot to mention the flyers never gave any those above a chance. Some may say ruined them.......

Twayrnski got more of a chance than a prospect of his limited ability could expect.

Rubtsov played in the KHL last season. It's the Flyers fault he was average at best there, like he's been everywhere since he was drafted?

Last edited:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Like most of this board, I’d prefer Frost-Laughton as the bottom six C depth. I also wouldn’t have put myself in the position in the first place. Like by not signing Hayes to a bad contract and getting a high quality C for the top six instead. Or rebuilding a decade ago.

Where were you getting this high quality top 6 center from?

rinaldo

Ignored Mmber
Apr 7, 2019
Twayrnski got more of a chance than a prospect of his limited ability could expect.

Rubtsov played in the KHL last season. It's the Flyers fault he was average at best there, like he's been everywhere since he was drafted?
My post was sarcasm. Some just don’t want to accept that not all drafted players are nhl caliber

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
correct. The Frost fans will be up in arms. Maybe they learned a lesson watching Patrick last season.
It makes perfect sense to start Frost in the AHL & allow him to gain confidence without being thrust into an important NHL role.

We saw how Sanheim wasn’t ready his rookie year & had to be sent down mid-season to find his game. Don’t want the same to happen with Frost.

Better he starts in the minors & when he’s ready he’ll show it.

rinaldo

Ignored Mmber
Apr 7, 2019
Prove it. Let's see the posts where people say all our drafted players are NHL caliber.
Big yawn. Where did I say it is limited to this board? I didn’t. Prove it lol

do you think hogberg is a legit prospect? Or more marginal.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
It makes perfect sense to start Frost in the AHL & allow him to gain confidence without being thrust into an important NHL role.

We saw how Sanheim wasn’t ready his rookie year & had to be sent down mid-season to find his game. Don’t want the same to happen with Frost.

Better he starts in the minors & when he’s ready he’ll show it.

I could be mis-remembering this so please correct me if I'm wrong, but Sanheim get sent down after ~3-weeks of riding the pine after Hexy realized Hak's refusal to play him?

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I could be mis-remembering this so please correct me if I'm wrong, but Sanheim get sent down after ~3-weeks of riding the pine after Hexy realized Hak's refusal to play him?

This is true.

And in the 17 AHL games that ensued, his development was so great, he went from "not nhl ready" to "top 4 defenseman" to "ready to play top-pair on his offisde".

The AHL is a like a hyperbaric chamber for development, it seems.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
im reminded of Ghosts comments after being send down for "conditioning", when really it was just a coachs repeated benching..

what did you learn down there?..

"nothing, there is nothing for me to learn there"..

but im sure Ghost prolly just doesnt know anything since hes obviously not a actual NHL player..

:naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad