Confirmed with Link: Flyers sign D Yegor Zamula to ELC, Sept. 20, 2018; back surgery Jan. 2020, out for season

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I was really impressed with the overall smoothness of his skating. Very fluid. Good height & reach. Occasionally made some soft & tentative plays, but can’t blame him. He’d struggle in his own zone in the regular season NHL, but has good tools for when he adds strength. Certainly a worthy UDFA signing. Reminded me a little of a LH Zaitsev. (Not because of the Z.) Will be interesting to see how he develops.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I was really impressed with the overall smoothness of his skating. Very fluid. Good height & reach. Occasionally made some soft & tentative plays, but can’t blame him. He’d struggle in his own zone in the regular season NHL, but has good tools for when he adds strength. Certainly a worthy UDFA signing. Reminded me a little of a LH Zaitsev. (Not because of the Z.) Will be interesting to see how he develops.

The Z does help though.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The only downside to this signing is that on the main boards we will likely hear ad nauseum how horrible he now is from the cadre of Russian posters who feel coming to North America junior leagues ruins Russians.

In before: Just don't go to the main boards.

giphy.gif

Fortunately he’s a defensemen. Russia is pretty poor in general when it comes to developing defensemen whether at home or elsewhere compared to the other big countries. So some just sit those arguments out as the data isn’t really in their favor there like it is with forwards.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Well done young man and well done scouting department!

I thought Hagg played very well last night. Maybe I missed it but who was perfect?:huh:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
He looked shaky against better competition last night, but that's to be expected from a physically undeveloped 18 year old on the road against NHL players.
The fact that he even looked like he belonged on the ice and wasn't overwhelmed was a big accomplishment.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Fortunately he’s a defensemen. Russia is pretty poor in general when it comes to developing defensemen whether at home or elsewhere compared to the other big countries. So some just sit those arguments out as the data isn’t really in their favor there like it is with forwards.

I don't even mind the argument - it's their single-mindedness and persistence of the discussion from a small group of posters. I have seen good points they have made, as have others, but I've yet to see them ever concede to evidence or a rational argument.

tymed

Jun 11, 2007
British Columbia
Za Moscow Mula. Glad to see this get done, the kid played some real solid hockey. Nice addition to this past draft, too bad Calgary doesn't come out to play the Royals this season.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
I wonder who recommended Zamula -- Greig (WHL scout) or if it came from international scouting (particularly the WJC-18 this season)?

I'm guessing international scouting, but that's just a hunch.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Does he actually get paid or does the contract slide until he's finished with junior hockey?

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Does he actually get paid or does the contract slide until he's finished with junior hockey?
I read it doesn't count against the Flyers' 50 contract limit until he plays pro. I think I also read his contract would slide for free agency purposes. It makes sense the two rules would be congruous.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Bottom line is this 18 yr old scrawny little f*** outplayed a whole bunch of AHLers against pro competition on both sides of the puck.

Played smart, played H E A V Y (no but really, I thought he was surprisingly strong on the puck), and even pushed the pace at times. I think there's real potential here. And as an 18 year old there could be other facets of his game he hasn't discovered yet (I'm thinking on offense especially). He can only get better.

Hexy at it again. Love it.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
He has soft hands and is a good passer, but he'll have to use his legs more and carry the puck more if he's going to show another level or two offensively.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Strong for a guy that skiny can't wait to see what hes like when he fills out. His name just reminds me of coming to america though.

Reactions: Amorgus

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
I don't really get why this kid went undrafted.
He got the same frame as young Reece Willcox but unlike him much better overall skill, most notably puck movement and shooting technique.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad