Confirmed with Link: Flyers sign Andrew Gordon RW

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Just saw this on the flyers twitter. @nhlflyers.

1 year deal

The Philadelphia Flyers have signed 6-0, 199-lb unrestricted free agent right wing Andrew Gordon to a one-year, two-way contract, according to general manager Ron Hextall.

Gordon, 28 (12/13/1985), spent the 2013-14 season in the Winnipeg Jets organization playing for the team’s American Hockey League affiliate in St. John’s, Newfoundland. He recorded 23 goals and 34 assists for 57 points to finish second in regular season scoring on the IceCaps. Gordon then went on to lead the IceCaps in scoring during the Calder Cup Playoffs, posting eight goals and 11 assists for 19 points in 21 games to help lead the club to a berth in the Calder Cup Finals.

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=725249&navid=DL|PHI|home

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Someone on here called this earlier today. Props to whoever that was.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
The Phantoms will actually be really nice. And if Laughton isn't called up to the big club we could be looking at a Calder competitor.

Nuclear

Jun 15, 2004
PA
Prospects learn more from winning. Good move.

Agreed. I'm sure the 2005 Calder Cup winning Phantoms really helped with the development of Richards, Sharp, Umberger, Carter, and Pitkanen. Turn the Phantoms in to a winning team with a winning environment will only help our prospects.

OriginJM

matt stromes skating coach
Feb 4, 2010
Really like what Hextall is doing. If our top prospects keep losing in the AHL, their confidence and skill will never truly blossom. Giroux got the last draft of decent playing from the Phantoms before they spiraled into a disaster for several years to come. Hopefully this helps everyone out down there and they begin to adapt to a winning mindset.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Best reason for a winning AHL team is to get players playoff experience which will be closer to NHL level play - and you can bring in your junior players like Morin next year and let them get a taste of high level professional play.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
It's great to see Hexy caring about the situation down with the Phantoms, you create a winning enviroment and it pays dividends for the prospects and eventually the big club

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Happy to see Gordon was able to find a new NHL contract. Seems like a likeable guy from his interviews, always a smile on his face.

I liked him as a reserve forward for the Ducks a couple of years ago. He has tremendous speed, a pretty hard shot and good work ethic. He's small, but he doesn't shy away from contact. He can defenitely play in the NHL if need be.

Forward to the 0.57 mark. Goal displaying his speed and shot.

Last edited:

Dumpster Flyers

Jun 21, 2006
The Phantoms will actually be really nice. And if Laughton isn't called up to the big club we could be looking at a Calder competitor.
They're still not deep or experienced enough, but maybe they can get there with a few more signings.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It's just important that younger players have these kinds of guys to lean on. Take the pressure off in some tougher situations. I'm also sure it helps the situation that the Phantoms are close again. These guys get paid to take those bus rides for one or two games at a time.

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
I'm pumped for the Phantoms this year. Not just because I'll be right by the arena, but because they might actually be good.

DaftCaptain

Apr 9, 2014
ATL
wonderbeardproductions.com
I love this signing! I have seen him play a lot when I lived close to Hershey. he was fast/great skater & can score. He is on the small side. I also saw Green play and He was my fav Hershey bears payer. I always hope Green would play for the flyers one day.

DaftCaptain

Apr 9, 2014
ATL
wonderbeardproductions.com
Happy to see Gordon was able to find a new NHL contract. Seems like a likeable guy from his interviews, always a smile on his face.

I liked him as a reserve forward for the Ducks a couple of years ago. He has tremendous speed, a pretty hard shot and good work ethic. He's small, but he doesn't shy away from contact. He can defenitely play in the NHL if need be.

Forward to the 0.57 mark. Goal displaying his speed and shot.

I meet him and he is vary nice. It was at a bar in Camp Hill PA. he was one of my favorite players for the hershey bears. Yes my AHL team is the Hershey Bears and NHL is the Flyers. Hey Hextall played for Hershey.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Maybe the Phantoms will not suck that bad this year.

Nothing wrong with bringing in more borderline NHL/AHL talent in their late twenties on cheap two-way contracts...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad