Pre-Game Talk: Flyers @ Senators Nov. 12 (7:30 p.m. Eastern)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcasticus

Mar 25, 2010
Ottawa
I bet Andy comes back with a shutout. He knows now that Lehner's nipping at his heels and he'll do everything to put the doubters to rest.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
I have no problem with Andy starting. I bet you he's going to come out with a great performance. He sure as hell doesn't want to be a backup, and on the top of his game he's a top 5 goalie in the world.

It's still possible Lehner takes his spot by the end of the season though. I think Robin can be just as good, but show a little more consistency over his career.

With that said, I seriously think we should consider trading Andy in the summer. I think it's a little different here than in other situations like Colorado (sample size), but he's quit on a team before.

We could get a top 4 defenseman like Enstrom for him I believe. That would do wonders for our team.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I am 50/50 on anderson starting. I really think the sens should have just went with the hot goalie in lehner until he falters.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Not upset about this at all. Andy is the starter and will be given every opportunity to keep his job as the starter. Lehner has played great, but he also had the easiest stretch of games to win so far this season.

Very winnable game. Got tickets to this one for my birthday so I'll be in the middle in the low 200 level. Pumped. Hope it's a high scoring one.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Hahaha haha now we're complaining about Anderson starting. Never a dull moment, never an opportunity to ***** passed up.

It's amazing how you are taking the context out of the argument and making it appear as though we have no premise.

We are coming off some strong games and our largest win streak of the season where Lehner has been phenomenal and the main reason for it.

Wanting the hottest goalie in the league to continue playing is not "opportunity to ****" especially since Anderson can still be rusty and Lehner has more than enough rest. I unno what the point of your post was. You better than everyone? You know better? Lol, smh.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
I seriously think we should consider trading Andy in the summer. I think it's a little different here than in other situations like Colorado (sample size), but he's quit on a team before.

We could get a top 4 defenseman like Enstrom for him I believe. That would do wonders for our team.

Ya, like the trade for Bishop were we let go a Giant and picked up a midget in choo-choo train Conacher

We could have held out for much more with Bishop. Let's hope if Anderson is let go, we get much more in return this time.

P.S. Sens for WIN over the Flyers!

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Philly is the worst offensive team in the league by an enormous margin. This is a great chance to get your starter in a game after an injury instead of throwing him in cold against the Bruins. This would have been an extremely easy decision to make.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Philly is the worst offensive team in the league by an enormous margin. This is a great chance to get your starter in a game after an injury instead of throwing him in cold against the Bruins. This would have been an extremely easy decision to make.

touche

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012

Exactly what I was going to say. Also, based on his previous play, Lehner is a guaranteed start against the Bruins and you can't not let Andy play for 2 weeks.

Let's keep this win streak going Andy!

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Ya, like the trade for Bishop were we let go a Giant and picked up a midget in choo-choo train Conacher

We could have held out for much more with Bishop. Let's hope if Anderson is let go, we get much more in return this time.

P.S. Sens for WIN over the Flyers!

What did the Leafs give up for Bernier a far superior prospective first string goalie than Bishop ?

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
What in the actual ****? I wanted to watch Lehner tomorrow, not Anderson.
It's almost as if you and others forget that he is still our #1 goalie and that he needs to get back at it asap. Lehner will soon get his chance to start but not at the expense of letting Andy get rusty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad