Flyers Regular Season Discussion Thread I - Provorov and Konecny Make Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
My dream was that MDZ, Raffl and Laughton were all healthy and this was the lineup for tomorrow:

Schenn-Giroux-Simmonds
Konecny-Couturier-Voracek
Raffl-Cousins-Weise
Read-Bellemare-Lyubimov
Laughton, Gordon (IR)

MDZ-Ghost
Streit-Gudas
Provorov-Manning
Schultz

I would flip flop Schenn with Konecny and Read with Raffl or Weise.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Raffl off IR = Gordon on IR then maybe conditioning stint
Laughton off LTIR = Laughton AHL conditioning assignment
MDZ off LTIR = ?

Reasonable Options down the road for roster spot
Amac AHL
Schultz AHL or traded
VV waivers
Lyubimov AHL
Cousins waivers

I don't think any of the last 3 will happen.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Friedman did mention this the other day:
6. Watch Philadelphia. The Flyers are right at the cap with Michael Del Zotto and Scott Laughton getting closer to returning. Would not be a surprise if GM Ron Hextall is trying to clear cap room. Matt Read has five goals already after 11 all of last season. There was a time Philly looked to move him, but with that pace, I’m not as certain now.
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-will-canadiens-able-get-defenceman/

Delete99991

May 9, 2013
It's not at all a make or break season for Laughton. He's only 22 and he probably won't get much of a raise in his RFA contract. He's a good 3LW and he still could develop into a 3C or a 2LW.

:shakehead

He's had good opportunities and hasn't made much of them. I honestly thought we might night see him again after that nasty injury late last year.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

oh no... how sad...

giphy.gif

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Weise going from 5th most ES ice time among forwards last night to the bench is weird.

Neuvirth starting again is very weird.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Weise sitting is interesting given his recent usage on Giroux's wing. Has to be a good sign for Lyubimov, thankfully.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
MacDonald can't be sent down to the AHL while injured so how do they make room for MDZ?

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Maybe that's a suspension lineup with Weise needing a day off? Yes, I'm reaching just like so many were with Voracek last year.

*Edit* I forgot the game is tonight. Forget me. And hope.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Provy still with Streit :help:
Schenn going to 4th line :rant:
VDV over Weise :cry::cry: I am one of few that hasnt given up on Weise and his speed and physicality is needed, VDV has life time immunity until Hextal decides he doesnt.

I want to hate the Neuvy decision as going B2B makes zero sense, but with them both being so bad don't feel confident with either so doesnt really matter

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
This lineup makes no sense. Schultz has a typical OK game by his standards...gets scratched instantly. AMac has an OK game by his standards (taking out his first shift or two and that OT shift)....gets scratched instantly. I don't understand, and I doubt they understand. I don't care, but it's odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad