Flyers Regular Season Discussion Thread I - Provorov and Konecny Make Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Yes. I mentioned yesterday how I wouldn't mind Schenn anchoring his own line on the third. He has more puck skills than he is allowed to show with Giroux. I didn't mean at center though. But fine, Hakstol wants to give it a whirl, give it a whirl. But then to surround him with VDV and an out of position Cousins, who has looked quite crap on the wing? Yeesh. All while PEB gets the better linemates. Might as well just stick him on the 5th line again.

It's just annoying that the trend of those two being untouchable has carried over to this year. We have 90 some games that suggest in every form that those two are what they are this point. That being VandeVelde not an NHLer at all & Bellemare a marginal fourth liner. Yet here we are now. :laugh:

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
It's just annoying that the trend of those two being untouchable has carried over to this year. We have 90 some games that suggest in every form that those two are what they are this point. That being VandeVelde not an NHLer at all & Bellemare a marginal fourth liner. Yet here we are now. :laugh:

249 forwards have played 1500+ at 5v5 since they both joined the Flyers:

Both are below 240/249 for P/60 at 5v5.
Both are below 220/249 for Corsi at 5v5.
Both are below 225/249 for Corsi rel at 5v5.

And their QoC?

Both are top 15 in terms of easiest QoC amongst the 249.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Vandevelde in the lineup over Gordon or Weise won't make a difference. They've been just as bad.
The way he's been playing Weise deserves to be scratched.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

I'm still waiting for Bellemare to magically turn into a legit third line center when given better linemates because of several international tournament games being a more indicative sample size than 2 years in the league.

Hey, Ehrhoff had 3 points and +2 in 6 World Cup games. What's he up to?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Hakstol is proof that you can be both dumb and smart in equal measure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad